CEH v8 - study materials

xaxxax Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, i'm starting to study for CEH. Now i've the following books:

- Hacking exposed 7
- CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide (Matt Walker)

Are ok for a good preparation?
On the eccouncil's site (store) i saw the CEH v8 Courseware Only, but what exactly can I find in it? The site reports "3 Books (Courseware and Lab Manual) and tools", what books? are good?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just a heads up that the Matt Walker AIO book was written for version 7. I'm sure most of it will apply, but I'm not aware as to what is introduced or revised in version 8.

The revised Sybex review guide book for version 8 (I think 6 was their most recent) is pending release at the moment.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Sybex's CEHv8 book is due to be released February 2014. Realize that publication dates are not hard deadlines and often slip.

Also realize that only 70% is needed to pass the CEH exam. If you have a good background in many of the topics of the CEH, it's likely you can just use the CEHv7 study materials and easily pass the CEHv8 exam. I'm not sure what new tools were added to CEHv8, but the topics appear to be 95% the same as CEHv7.
  • xaxxax Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dislike to not using materials for the version 8 uff...
    Nothing for "CEH v8 Courseware Only" on ec-council's site?

Thanks
  • Stan LeeStan Lee Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    xax wrote: »
    Dislike to not using materials for the version 8 uff...
    Nothing for "CEH v8 Courseware Only" on ec-council's site?

Thanks

They do! The CEH v8 Courseware (for US Market) costs $825 . . Check out store.eccouncil.org
  • certerocertero Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am in the process of doing the Eccouncil self paced online course now. They told me once the V8 stuff is available that they will provide me with some kind of "change document" which will direct me to where the new stuff has been added. So far I haven't received it. Once I do I'll post an update.
  • xaxxax Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    certero wrote: »
    I am in the process of doing the Eccouncil self paced online course now. They told me once the V8 stuff is available that they will provide me with some kind of "change document" which will direct me to where the new stuff has been added. So far I haven't received it. Once I do I'll post an update.

Thanks!
  • billyc123billyc123 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CEHv8 actually is acredit only. The material content & course content is same as CEHv7. They are the same according to EC Council.