Options

Suspending CCIE studies indefinantly

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
I had been knocking out a decent amount of CCIE studies over the past few months. My wife needs me more with her issues and running a company at the same time is a lot of work. Something had to go and its going to be the IE. Family is more important than a number. We already make pretty good money so we aren't to worried. Maybe in 6-12 months I'll look into it again.
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've postponed my CCIE studies a couple times. You're probably making a wise choice! However, if possible, consider allocating 5-10 minutes/day to review your notes and/or flashcards. This small allocation of time would prevent you from having to start-over in a year, and keep the core material fresh in your mind. Rebooting tends to frustrating. ;)
  • Options
    silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All the best shodown! and good advice NV
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I'm on my lab everyday. I use it for proof of concept and testing out configurations. I will still be adding 2900's and UCS servers this year. I just won't study abstract concepts that will prob never be used
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    raybfreeraybfree Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I understand as I have a friend that went through the same scenario. Why not consider this... instead of vacation, go to a CCIE bootcamp and then gun for the exam. You can dedicate 2 weeks of your life and eat, drink and do your best. Even if you have to go out of state or country where they are set up for such scenarios. If you don't, you might look back 10 years later and think about "what if"... After all, we aint getting any younger. Good luck either way.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is completely understandable. Hope to see you back soon.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Definitely don't quit completely- get in whatever you can. I stopped my journey in 2008. Again in 2010. It really is a journey. Truth is, you'll most likely be a better engineer next time you take a run at it. Plus, you'll have more experience, which is extremely valuable.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sorry to hear that you are pausing your studies. There's always 10-15 minutes you can spare to do something each day.. just to keep it fresh.

But, I understand completely that family must come first.
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. I do agree with the others though. 10 or 15 minutes a day will help a bunch. I suspended my studies twice and wish I had kept it fresh. It has really hurt me.

Good luck!