Im new here - is Windows 8 on the new exams yet?

2kB_minimalist2kB_minimalist Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm new here, have been studying off and on for a few months, about 700 pages plus into Mike Meyers book. I'm just wondering if Windows 8 is covered at all in the exams as of yet? I don't wanna plop down test fees to find out that surprise.

Also, I'm looking for a cheap small 'lab' laptop to study more in depth. Stupid me sold my last Windows 8 one to go the tablet route and this would be easier to practice through settings and file hierarchy type things on my own. Any advice on both subjects is appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • 2kB_minimalist2kB_minimalist Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. It looks a lot more condensed than the Encyclopedia I'm reading now. icon_smile.gif
  • mike+mike+ Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat as far as the laptop is concerned. Gave away my old one 2 months ago then decided to get back into IT and now I'm looking for a budget lab laptop. I'll post here if I stumble across anything particularly good. Best of luck!
  • 2kB_minimalist2kB_minimalist Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I'm using Slickdeals to keep an eye out, seems like a good community here to learn. Looking forward to climbing the ladder in certifications.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Depends where you are located, we have a few smaller stores that sell older equipment. Likewise, Goodwill frequently will have older computers you can pickup at a respectable price. Selections vary a bit, but good start. Otherwise, help a friend by unloading that burdensome pile of parts they have lying around ;)

Once you start collecting old stuff, it will multiply quickly. Try to kept cycling things out. Ymmv.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks. I'm using Slickdeals to keep an eye out, seems like a good community here to learn. Looking forward to climbing the ladder in certifications.

I agree man, i mean to be honest these guys in this forum keep me motivated in obtaining certs, this is an awesome forum in my opinion. Wish you all the best in your journey good luck!!!!icon_thumright.gif
  • mike+mike+ Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I ended up ordering a giant refurb toshiba. Only 90 day warranty and it might be too big to fit in my bag, but I'll have a couple weeks to try it out before the return window runs out. [ADVERTISING EDITED OUT] if you're interested.