Options

270 or 271? Need Advice.

jlatreiljlatreil Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've completed my A+, Network+, and Security+ and now I've got my eye on an MS Certification Track. However I'm not sure where to begin. I'm considering an MCDST and then on to the MCSA and MSCE. Now it I can apply the 271 toward my MCSA/SE it would be a nobrainer but I don't think I can. So my question is should I bypass the MCDST and get right on the MCSA/SE track or will having an MCDST benefit me enough to get it before I move on?

Any advices is appreciated.

Thanks.
Joe

Comments

• Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The MCDST counts as one of the electives for the MCSA, that why I decided to do it first.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You already have the CompTIA exams for an elective, and the MCDST doesn't hold a lot of value compared to MCSA/E which you already plan to go for, so 'I' would go straight for the MCSA/E and skip MCDST.
  • Options
    jlatreiljlatreil Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    You already have the CompTIA exams for an elective, and the MCDST doesn't hold a lot of value compared to MCSA/E which you already plan to go for, so 'I' would go straight for the MCSA/E and skip MCDST.

Thank you for the reply, I agree completely. After doing a little more research I discovered that with my current certifications I only have 3 more exams to get my MCSA. The 270, 290, and 291.