Names for my employers new intranet?

phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I work for Vertex, a utilities solutions company based out of the UK, and there is a contest going on to name our newly redesigned intranet. I could win a $100 gift card. Sweet deal, right? Anyway, I thought I'd fish for ideas here.

Comments

• ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Vertranet.

PM me for the address for the gift card. ;)

Alternatively, Vertexnet. Vertenext. Vertranext.

Seriously, I cannot see a non-portmanteau solution to this.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    VertexVortex !!!
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    VertIn?

If you think that's lame, I went geometry style, and my first choice was "Angle". Think of a triangle, and you get what I'm saying.

Wait:

No, "Triangle" is more lame, and the association you'd have to make wouldn't be good.

How about you get really creative, and call it something totally unrelated?

What is a favorite term at your company? you could call it that.

I was a student at one college, and all the servers were named after something agricultural. One server was "okra". Another was "catfish" for example. I recall that catfish had much greater performance than okra. Important stuff to know when you were mudding while working as an undergrad lab assistant in the computer labs.

Haha. Fun times.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bigdogz wrote: »
    VertexVortex !!!

That was my first and only idea, already submitted it. I'm hoping the apathy of my coworkers will work to my advantage by mine being the only entry received.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Vertrudis. End of story.
  • taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    CompuGlobalHyperMegaVertexNet
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Vectornet
    Convextranet

Or tell them "THE GRID" and anytime someone references it just start saying "The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships? motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see."
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Intravert

:)

Yeah, it's a good play on words there.

I was going to go for "InVert" instead of my previous submission of "VertIn"

To the OP:

Are you limited in the number of entries you can make?
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No, I can submit as many as I want.
  • powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    This might be a little too far out there, but you could call it... "Intranet" or "The Intranet," since that's what your users will call it.
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Just call it the "Employee Portal" and be done with it. The staff will simply call it the "Portal." Else, slap on the name "Apex" with the subheader of "On top of your employee needs."
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Vtility
    Vertility

I'm not greedy; just send me 1% of gift card or buy a homeless a coffee :)
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hogwarts.

boom