Best Entry level Certfication combo ?

reformed1reformed1 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
As an entry level candidate would it be easier to get a job with MSCA / McSE or should I pursue CCNA. I have interest in both.

I am a BS in MIS college graduate with A+ and N+ . I do not have any experience in the field.

I live in the CHicago area but plan to move to Wisconsin.

Lastly I would like to say that I absolutely love this forum and that the advice that I have received here has made me learn alot about the field and has directed my studies in the correct direction.

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should already be applying for entry-level helpdesk roles with your BS and A+/Net+ combo. While waiting for interviews you could study for the CCENT or MS exam 70-685, whichever one appeals to you more. After you land that first job, the path forward should become less cloudy. Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm with Ivanjam. Start applying for that first job in IT. Once you get a grasp of your responsabilities and career path, then start studying and get certified in something that will complement your work experience while giving you the more advanced skills required for a possible promotion.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Technically speaking, a CCNA and MCSA are both entry level certifications so I would say to go ahead and start studying for them but also start applying for jobs now. You never know what you might find in the meantime while studying for those certs
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    CCNA R&S is the perfect entry-level exam.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • DissonantDataDissonantData Member Posts: 158
    I am currently on the path to a CCNA. It's probably my best bet to get into a good starting position.