Ipad shows updates needed, but wont display

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Ipad2. Main screen shows 8 new updates, I click on it and the update page displays nothing. Any idea on how to get it to display again?

Comments

• Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    Which version of iOS? And I hate to sound silly, but have you tried powering all the way down? I've surfed the knowledge base a bit and can't find a great answer yet.
    "If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
    "Great things have small beginnings."

• SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I have the same thing happening this week on my iPad3.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Just need to wait a bit. Close everything, power down, power on, the try it. Also , try one app at a time rather than all. I still have a few that will it update, but eventually, they will.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This bug popped up for me as well for my 4th gen iPad and my iPad 2. I only noticed it on my new iPad so I checked my son's and it is there as well. I checked the support community and there are some posts about it.

What I ended up doing was going to the "purchased" tab and scrolling through my apps and looking for the ones that said "update" rather than the cloud install icon or "open".
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Had that when I had apps installed requiring an update which were bought / downloaded using a different AppleID. Different to the one currently logged in that is.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
    Coworker next to me says he is having the same issue. I wonder if it is related to the hack issue with the development center and something Apple changed on their back end.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Glad Im not the only one having this issue. I have powered off, waited an hour, powered back on and still have same issue. iOS 6.1.3.
  • BobbyDCBobbyDC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Exact same issue with my iPad mini. I have 3 updates available but nothing shows up. I don't know the exact IOS version at the moment.
    iPad Blank Updates Page Is a Known Issue, Apple Working On It | iPad Insight
    For the last several days many iPad users have been seeing a blank Updates page in the App Store, while the App Store app icon shows there are updates available.

There are numerous threads about this on the Apple Support Community pages. So far the best, and still quite clumsy, workaround is to go to the Purchased tab in the App Store and scroll through and install your updates from there. This works for me on my iPad, though it’s a pain in the neck to do because even the All tab under Purchased only shows about 50 apps, while I have over 200 installed and well over 1,000 purchased total. So I have to use the alphabetical listing on the left of the Purchased page and go through letter by letter.

This morning I spoke to Apple Support about this issue and was told the following:

– Apple is aware of the issue and says it has been a problem for at least the last 3-4 days.

– It is only affecting the iPad.

– Apple is working on resolving the issue, but there’s no ETA as yet for when it may be fixed and of course no system status type page where users can check on progress or see when the issue is resolved.