Is it back??? Yes, it is! Free second shot for MS exams!

2»

Comments

• zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    I got a question, pple. on Microsoft website which quote
    To participate, register for the second shot offer before you take any exam. You'll receive a promotion code that is good for one free second shot at the same exam in case you don't pass it on your first try. There's no limit per customer, so after you've registered, you'll be entitled to one free retake of any exam that you sign up for.
    does this mean that if I take 1,2, or 3 exams and fail, will they all be covered for a second shot or is the offer for only one of them. The wording from the quote is a little confusing for me. icon_confused.gif
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • 12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats news to my ears. I was hoping for 2nd chance to come around soon! Yahoo! I better get working on my studying for 70-270 exam. The best news today! Thanks all!
  • 12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    zenboy wrote:
    I got a question, pple. on Microsoft website which quote
    To participate, register for the second shot offer before you take any exam. You'll receive a promotion code that is good for one free second shot at the same exam in case you don't pass it on your first try. There's no limit per customer, so after you've registered, you'll be entitled to one free retake of any exam that you sign up for.
    does this mean that if I take 1,2, or 3 exams and fail, will they all be covered for a second shot or is the offer for only one of them. The wording from the quote is a little confusing for me. icon_confused.gif

I would think, one could register for any amount of M$ exams before the due date in June and receive the 2nd shot offer.
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    from the Vue website:

How many free exams can I receive?

If you register for the Second Shot eligibility, you are entitled to retake any exam that you paid for and failed during the eligibility period (February 15, 2006 - June 30, 2006).

So, if you book 2 exams within the time period... you get a free retake for each exam....

if you booked 10 exams in the time period, you get 10 free retakes....if you fail each one...

the free retake has to be taken before end of July...

D-boy
    that's my undertanding of the promo...
  • thank you for the info _omni_ :o
  • Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    Matt_Smi wrote:
    So Between today and June 30th I can schedule/take an MS exam, and if I fail I am eligible for a free re-take provided I registered for it? This is great, I got to hurry up and pass Net+ so I can start to study for 70-270…

Ditto. I'd like to knock out at least 2 of the 3 required tests for the MCSA during this period.
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    D-boy wrote:
    from the Vue website:

How many free exams can I receive?

If you register for the Second Shot eligibility, you are entitled to retake any exam that you paid for and failed during the eligibility period (February 15, 2006 - June 30, 2006).

So, if you book 2 exams within the time period... you get a free retake for each exam....

if you booked 10 exams in the time period, you get 10 free retakes....if you fail each one...

the free retake has to be taken before end of July...

D-boy
    that's my undertanding of the promo...

But you have to book the exam and fail it withing the eligibility period. That's the only way you'll be eligible for a retake. So that means you just can't book 10 or 20 exams now and fail them on July or August or next year and then ask for a retake. Nada.

So hold onto your wallets folks. You can't go faster than your studying speed --which is probably a maximum of 4 exams from now untill the end of the eligibility period.

One at a time

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    That was just an example... icon_lol.gif
    Also depends if you have the time...
    As I am working I only have enough time to study for one a month...
    which would mean I could maybe do at least 4 within the timeframe.
    Someone that does not work, may be able to more...
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    i'm not working (well part time) and it takes me circa two months for each...i don't see how one can learn the subject inside out in one month icon_eek.gif
    witty comment
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    daveogolf wrote:
    I signed up through prometric and I think I used the voucher code. Is there anything in the confirmation email or anything that tells you if the accepted your code?
    if a voucher is being purchased, we will be issued a voucher code for exam registering, so does it mean we are not entitled for this M$ promotion? Since this promotion requires to enter microsoft promotional code when register for the exams.

Can someone please confirm?
  • texasmcdsttexasmcdst Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Folks,

I just sat the 70-272 and passed it. I gave them the promotion code "24Free" in case I failed I could retake the exam a second time free. Trust me you don't want to fail if you dont have to, it's only a security blanket.

You can take as many exams as you want between now and June 30th 2006, and if you have to retake an exam you can for free by July 31st, 2006.

I took the 70-271 a couple weeks earlier and passed first try as well but didn't have the Second Shot offer back then. I plan on taking at least one or two exams between now and the end of the free second shot offer. Make sure you sing up for the offer at Microsoft or you won't get the free exam offer. I feel pretty sure the promotional code for everyone is "24FREE", but if you don't sign up for it it won't do you any good.

Good Luck to ALL,

TexasMCDST
    Paul P
    NRH, TX
  • madboymadboy Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just a question.... is there a limit on how many times you can take a Microsoft exam if you fail (regardless of this offer)?
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    madboy wrote:
    Just a question.... is there a limit on how many times you can take a Microsoft exam if you fail (regardless of this offer)?
    No, there isn't.
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    has the registration date for free code closed? I have a friend who is keen on it.
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    madboy wrote:
    No, there isn't.

The person I talked to at M$ MCP customer service said something about if you failed the test the second time with the Second Shot offer, you would have to wait 14 days to take the next test. Anyone else told this???
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you fail an exam twice you have to wait 14 days regardless of the second shot offer.
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool, didn't know that. Thanks
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Talk about perfect timing. I was hit in a car accident in January and havent been able to go to work since. I have another 3-6 months off due to the car accident. Perfect time to study, study, and you guessed it, study. I started last week and passed my first MS test. I am planning on 1 test a week. Hopefully this can be done. I have my second MS test tomorrow to try and obtain my MCDST. Then on to MCSA. I feel burnt out already. Studying from 9am-6pm gets old quick.
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • chicken13chicken13 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've had the misfortune to use it already - for the UK we have to ring up MS and get them to book it for us, just make sure that you've registered for the Second Shot first

"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; when it is bad, it is better than nothing." - Dick Brandon