A questions to all the BIG IT sector proffessionals

hrishikeshsomchatwarhrishikeshsomchatwar Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello there, U see I am 15yrs of age, an I am interested in computers and all the tech. work, I am a windows phone developer too and also own a blog. I wanted to ask that how is it possible to get a high-paid IT sector job into large companies like Microsoft, Facebook, Apple etc ? Do I require any certifications (i.e. obvious but plz specify them which) kindly specify each a every thing. plz

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The same way you get any job really. Have the applicable skills and experience that they are looking for. Then apply!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A CS degree from MIT would help
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tstrip007 wrote: »
    A CS degree from MIT would help

Or Stanford, I don't think they are picky...

Seriously though, a degree from a top school, certifications and a solid knowledge of what you are doing and you should be good.
  • Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A degree in Computer Science will be very good if you want to be a developer, and a degree in Information Systems would be good if you want to get into networking. But you will also need experience if you want to get to the top.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Welcome to TechExams. The question you ask isn't a simple one to answer. Larger companies such as Microsoft, Facebook, Apple, etc hire people from all facets of IT from web design, mobile app design, programmers, networking, etc so there's not just one or even just a dozen avenues into those companies. As far as certifications, there are dozens and dozens of certifications that can help your career which may lead to a path into one of those larger companies but listing all of those out would be a lengthy process and shooting in the dark. First thing you should decide is what you want to do: Programming, networking, systems, hardware, software, virtualization, security, web design, etc. The list goes on. Once you get to that point, we can help you pinpoint various certifications that can help you. Since you're young, you could always set up a cheap virtual lab using Virtualbox or another free virtualization tool and play around with Windows Server, Packet Tracer or GNS3, VMWare, etc to help decide your passion.

Also, if you're thinking about degrees, probably the best degree that can help you regardless of what IT discipline you go into is a strong Computer Science degree but if you're not math strong or don't think you can become strong in math, then you can go for it's baby brother: a major in Information Technology but it won't be as solid as a CS degree on your resume.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You have to be smart. All companies have certain amount of dead weight. The great ones tend to have a lot less of them. When I worked at Intel, most of the people I worked with were bright individuals. Don't think I ever had a "How in the world did you get this job?" moment with a co-worker.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • megatran808megatran808 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    While you are going to school I would get into doing some internships with some of these companies or any local companies in your area. When I was going to my community college, the guidance counsellor had information on local companies offering IT internships so long I was majoring in some sort of IT related degree.

This will give you the experience that you need while you are working on your degree.

Internships can be free work or paid. Luckily it was a paid internship for me. I was a web design intern. Not only did I learn about web applications like flash/dreamweaver but it got me to talk to other people in IT and help me decide what career path I wanted to take.

Also great for building up your resume.
    "Love your Job, but never fall in love with your company....because you never know when your company stops loving you!"