Small scale ticketing systems

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I am looking for a tracking tool for incidents that can scale a little bit and has some work flow functionality. It should be able to email a requestee and requestor via email when the ticket moves from one queue to another or one person or another. It would need to be simple to set up and manage. Light reporting would be a bonus, how many incidents in a range etc. Nothing to granular. So far we have SharePoint set up on a hosted server and something called BugNet that never got off the ground. Something customizable (easily preferred) would be a HUGE bonus. Anything out there like that. Something very simple and basic. No need for prioritization or any of the ITIL process type alignments. Here is the owner a description a title status. Thanks in advance. Maybe BugNet is the solution not sure yet. Still trying to get my hands out there and see what's being leveraged in small shops. I found this one ( http://bugnet.codeplex.com/ )

Comments

• MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    I'm not sure if you're looking for something more in line with a Help-Desk ticketing software, but I see a lot of happy people using Spiceworks. I'm not sure it has that extensive of a workflow component but there are some cool features and it might be worth having a look at.

http://www.spiceworks.com
  • J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mutata wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you're looking for something more in line with a Help-Desk ticketing software, but I see a lot of happy people using Spiceworks. I'm not sure it has that extensive of a workflow component but there are some cool features and it might be worth having a look at.

http://www.spiceworks.com

+1 for Spiceworks. We used it at a small placed I used to work for. Lots of online support in the community.
  • powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    OTRS is another free one I've used in the past. Not as fancy as spiceworks, but a good lighweight alternative.
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Zendesk.

Create an account. Use Softerra LDAP Browser to **** your AD names and e-mail addresses into a CSV. Import into Zendesk and provision Zendesk accounts as part of new user creation. Create your receiver e-mail account with some extra work if you want to spoof your own domain. Done. Like 15 minutes worth of work. You can also use SAML and CSS to pretty it up if you need to.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hey gang thanks for the great solutions. I think Spice may be to much for what we are looking for. I'll check them all out. Thanks a million gang!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    clockingit.com may do something for you
    trackit
    HEAT
    spiceworks
    JIRA
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've used Track-IT also. While it does the job for a small or medium sized shop, it was more hassle then it was worth half the time. They were purchased by BCM a little while ago, so maybe their support is a little better.
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Track-IT isn't too bad. That's what we use at my company for change management and trouble-tickets. You can customize it to your liking, also by integrating the barcode scan feature it makes your fixed asset inventory a breeze (just scan tags into a database instead of writing them down then entering them later).

On a side note, you can always download a CRM software that's open-source and modify it to your liking. Most of them require SQL, PHP, and or ACCESS though, so you'll have to be comfortable with these items as well.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Spiceworks. The product and the community are invaluable.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Track-It is OK but unless something has changed in the last couple of years it is obscenely priced. I stand by ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus.
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    For small scale stuff, SharePoint works resonably well.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We use Track-IT (by BMC) and it works pretty well for ticketing purposes. It also serves as a auditing/inventory tool as well as generating reports
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Anyone familiar with incident management templates for SharePoint? I was just curious if anyone had one or knew of one. Rather not reinvent the wheel if at all possible. We are talking maybe 20 request a day managed by one person.