Vouchers?

Kimura410Kimura410 Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
Sorry if this thread has been beaten to death, but I performed a search and couldn't find one.

What's the best way to go about signing up for the security + exam? Should I just take the standard route and go to comptia.com and purchase a voucher for retail price? Or is there a cheaper, discounted way to obtain a voucher from a respectable website or source? I have seen getcertifiedforless pop up here and there, but their prices aren't much cheaper than retail.

What do you suggest?

Comments

• jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would call the testing center you are planning on taking the exam at.

I know my testing center has coupons for $15 off if you schedule with them direvtly rather than through the VUE website.

Also, check eBay for lower priced vouchers. I see them on there from time to time. Just check the seller's feedback to be sure. Also, be warned that sometimes they may require your immediate registration and testing within 24-48 hours from purchase.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you're willing to wait and take the exam on short notice, getcertified4less significantly discounts vouchers that are close to expiring (when they are not sold out). I took Sec+ for $100 using GC4L's voucher (after about a year of being subscribed to their mailing list)
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Just to amplify what jvrlopez is saying about checking the seller's feedback. Some scammers have sold vouchers through eBay that turned out to be fake. By the time the purchaser has learned of the fraud, the eBay account is closed and the seller is nowhere to be found. I have had great luck with getcertify4less.

Good luck.
  • Kimura410Kimura410 Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great thanks guys! I found a guy on ebay selling A+ vouchers for $150! Too bad I am not prepared for that exam yet. He had 100% positive feedback too. I think I will end up going with get certified 4 less unless ebay happens to have a good deal in the next couple of weeks for the security exam.

PS. I just received your book in the mail today Darill!
  • phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There's a seller on ebay named raceyb that sells vouchers on the cheap, usually with the CompTIA cert guide included. I know he/she does A+ and Net+, so they probably have Sec+ too. I got a great deal on "make an offer" for both A+ vouchers and the cert guide priority shipped.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Kimura410 wrote: »
    PS. I just received your book in the mail today Darill!
    Hope you enjoy it. Good luck.
  • Kimura410Kimura410 Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Whoa just received great news, looks like I am getting a voucher for free!!! My most recent college course (computer security) ended last month. The top 4 students got a free security + voucher. Looks like I was number 5 because my instructor emails me today saying that one of the 4 can't take it so it belongs to me now! Made my day.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kimura410 wrote: »
    Whoa just received great news, looks like I am getting a voucher for free!!! My most recent college course (computer security) ended last month. The top 4 students got a free security + voucher. Looks like I was number 5 because my instructor emails me today saying that one of the 4 can't take it so it belongs to me now! Made my day.

Whoa! Great deal! Pretty sure that was welcome news! Good luck on the exam!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    There is an "exam voucher" link on the left hand side of the forum. Fwiw
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?