Cyber Security Master's Program

Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys last week I dedicated a day to searching for a cyber security Masters that had a direction more into penetration testing. Most were just computer science with specialization in cyber security with a class or 2 that were related to penetration testing. Then I stumbled upon this University of Washington Bothell . And I wanted to get a few others opinion if this is more in direction that I have been thinking. I believe it is, but I'm not a 100% sure. Thanks for any replies in advance!

Comments

• YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That degree cost 45,000+, so you might want to look else where.
  • dbrinkdbrink Member Posts: 180
    Have you looked at MSIA - Master of Science in Information Assurance - Dakota State University? Cost is reasonable and the curriculum is pretty nice. I'm starting the graduate certificate program at the end of this month.
    Currently Reading: Learn Python The Hard Way
    http://defendyoursystems.blogspot.com/
  • Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks @dbrink! I'm looking at it right now, and now I have something to compare to the Washington one. I'm liking the Dakota State one more for the fact that not only does it have defensive/offensive classes in the required Core Classes, but they also have more (in the ethical hacking certificate) that if I decide to get there use those three classes as my electives. Thank you so much for replying I love the fact I have more options I plan to keep looking but those are my top two choices now with Dakota on top!
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Does not UW have a much higher reputation than DSU in CS?
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It does but I'm still weighing the options though I would prefer Washington, but all depends what happens in the future.
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    @Arod95 - check out the http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/53985-master-list-b-m-colleges-offering-online-degrees.html topic - I've posted a bunch of schools with cyber/IA offerings - you might find something else there that will meet your requirements.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Also, check out Iowa State University. They have a pretty solid program and it's a Tier 1 university.