Options

70-272

TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
I passed my 70-271 last friday with a score of 954. I took about 4 days of studying the MSPress book. I went ahead and opened up the MSPress book for the 70-272 and it seems much easier. Has anyone else experienced this? I am looking to pass my 70-272 this Friday and move on to my MCSA. I have a free elective since I already have my A+ and N+. So 3 more tests after this one and I will be on my way. I plan to take the 2003 server stuff so I dont have to retake my MCSA tests soon again. Would getting my MCSE be worth its wild after recieving my MCSA? I dont have any college, basically came right out of highschool and started working for a service provider with tech support and then moved up to Network Operations and dealing with Cisco equipment. I have been out of the field for a couple years and let my CCNA expire and I feel I need to get back into things and Microsoft seems like they are the most recognized by employers.

Comments

• Options
    cloudwarriorcloudwarrior Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    quality well done
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats on 271. I also thought 272 was a bit easier. MCSE is usually worthit, as long as you're not a paper-tech. You seem to have some good experience, so that shouldn't be a problem. You may want to look again at getting your CCNA again as well.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I actually interviewed for a job yesterday that would use my CCNA abilities. Basically a router monkey. I really dont like the job duties that the CCNA brings, so I will not be renewing it. I want to get into the Windows Administration and deployment part of things.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    In that case, MCSE should be your goal. You should also think about Security certs as well, they will help, as security is a hot topic these days.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Sounds good. I was an analyst for a local isp where I live basically monitoring all traffic and checking routers etc. I then was offered a job through the IBEW so I took that offer and left the computer industry. Then this year, 2 years after leaving the ISP I was hit from behind at a stop light and the car was totalled, I had to go to a spine doctor etc. So now I have been out of work for 4 months due to the accident and the doctors say they wont clear me to go back to electrical work for another 3-6 months. So I figure this is a sign for me to get back into computers. I used to have my A+,N+,CCNA but CCNA only lasts 2 years and I never renewed it. So now I figure this is my chance to get back into computers and into the Administration side of things, or perhaps work as MIS helpdesk for a bit and work my way up.