Options

Hp0-Y30 certification?

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone here taken the HP0-Y30 certification? I came across this book on amazon. Anyone have experience with HP exams? icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    I thought about taking this exam as I work a lot with HP stuff, but figured it would be a waste of time and money. Unless your employer requires it, why do you want to have a certification that nobody cares about? Check job postings and tell me if there are any jobs that actually require HP certifications :)
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You don't check job postings to verify the integrity of a certification.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    True, but vendor specific aren't really helping unless the company you work for requires it. I don't think any company I worked for used HP Networking kit so that exam would be pretty pointless ... Cisco / Arista on the other hand .........

BUT if you got this in ADDITION to the more common ones then I agree - it might be of value to an extend. Plus if you do hold a CCNA you are eligible to simply take the online exam from HP in order to obtain the certification.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I have known a few people who have the HP networking certification. Every one of them earned it as part of an employer sponsored training as a result of a VAR relationship with either HP or a vendor (Avaya) that sells HP equipment as part of their solution. If you have the HP certification then flaunt it, but I wouldn't pursue it as a self study standalone certification.