CISSP Exam in 3 days - feelings.

FlukezFlukez Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I've got my exam on Wednesday and I'm starting to really feel the heat.

I guess I could describe the way I'm feeling is that I just don't seem to have enough time to learn every tiny thing in detail.

I've been studying for 3months - 3hours a day and the last 2 weeks I've been going over the notes I've taken. Studied from two different sources and bought myself 750 questions.

Fingers crossed, the feeling is utterly horrible. Especially that everyone and their neighbors cat is wanting to know if I pass.

It must be a fantastic feeling going into the exam and answer a few questions and actually thinking - wow I actually know this.

Any words of wisdom? The thought of failing is nasty nasty stuff.

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    I think, more often then not, the ones who fear/respect the test take it seriously enough to conquer it even if not on the first try.

However you don't really have to know everything about everything. That would be impossible. You have to know enough that you can adequately deduce the appropriate solution given the variables; being able to exclude certain answers in my mind is nearly as useful as knowing the proper answer because you can atleast increase your chances of selecting the right A on the most difficult questions.

Therefore if you have studied enough of the material in sufficient depth then you may be able to reason with the material. Your study resources and the way this material is presented is integral to this process which is why it's important to use multiple sources or one really good one.
  • FlukezFlukez Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi emerald_octane,

Thanks for the response.

I guess I can take comfort that I'm able to get the answers straight off the bat, failing that I can, like you said, deduce the appropriate answer.

It must be natural to feel the stress, I mean it is A LOT of work that has been put into attempting to get this cert - really hope it pays off. Thought of sitting it again makes me sick.
  • wapowapo Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Flukez

I'm taking my test in 4 days. August 1. The gnawing hole in the pit of my stomach tells me i'm not ready - but time was against me. I started studying in early June (with some classes taken last year). I don't feel ready, and hell, against my better judgement, I may not be.

So far, I've used cccure's test engine for about 1700 questions, Transcender's entire 900 question test pool, and I recently discovered 2 (250 question) tests on Synergess's website. I didn't fair so well on Synergess, despite getting mid 70's and 80's at cccure, which gnaws at me. I've read Eric Conrad's 2nd edition guide, and most of it, if not all of The AIO 6th edition. I've studied for hours on end, nearly every day of the week since I started.

Until we sit for the test, and (knock on wood), pass it, I think this feeling will never subside.
    Best of luck to you sir. Hopefully by weeks end, we'll both be CISSP's.

Now, if you'll all pardon me, I need to do some more self test questions.
    You're absolutely right. It's nice to know that someone somewhere right now...is feeling the same horror.

All the best mate, I hope you pass - sounds like you're extremely well prepared
    Flukez wrote: »
    You're absolutely right. It's nice to know that someone somewhere right now...is feeling the same horror.

All the best mate, I hope you pass - sounds like you're extremely well prepared

How did your testing go my man? Did ya pass?

I'm happy to report I did. :)
    Eyyyy well done man - congratulations.

I did pass - I thought it was extremely difficult, A LOT of critical thinking and no easy answers. Really proud of myself.

How did you feel about the whole thing?
  • Kamat2000Kamat2000 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Wapo and Flukez
    icon_cheers.gif
    Flukez wrote: »
    Eyyyy well done man - congratulations.

I did pass - I thought it was extremely difficult, A LOT of critical thinking and no easy answers. Really proud of myself.

How did you feel about the whole thing?

I'd say the same honestly - there were maybe 30 or so questions I immediatly knew the answer too - kind of 'you know it or you don't ' technical and physical security stuff, where gray answers don't really exist.

The rest were brutal questions - and one of the flaws of all the self testing I did was I got used to seeing specific verbs or nouns, and they clued me in on what answers I needed to give. The test didn't use those same verbs and nouns, and so when I saw a question that resembled what I'd studied, I was like a deer in the headlights - I had to really stop, and think long and hard - it's funny how semantics can do that to you.

Without a dout, the test is brutal. Congrats on passing my man! We did it!

@Kamat200: Thanks! :D
  • RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!!!! Feels great dont it? No more studying.....at least for this one icon_smile.gif Good job bro.
  • abhi78senabhi78sen Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to both of you...it gave me confidence also.
  • NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the passes! Now on to the wonderful world of CEU credits!!! (Well, there's that pesky endorsement thing to get through first lol)
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • RufioRufio Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How did you feel about the practice exams from CCCure, Transcender, and Syngress?? Were they helpful or close to the actual thing?