What's next after Security+?

aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well I just signed up for my security+ and hopefully will be passing that next week and am trying to plan out what I should go for next.

I'm attending WGU for network administration and already have my network+. So, at this point, I need to start going towards the Cisco direction of certifications (CCENT, CCNA), the microsoft direction (MCSA, MCTS), or the programming direction (CIW certs).

Considering the network+ and security+ are still very fresh in my mind what direction would you suggest as the most logical next step and why? Thanks!
2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)

Comments

• DeezyFFDeezyFF Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cisco... Network + will set you up quite nicely for CCENT as it covers all of the tcp/ip material, port numbers, etc. All you will have to really go over is the switching and routing commands and protocols.
    WGU BS-IT Security: Complete
    ​:cheers:
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @aderon - I concur with Deezy FF on this one - CCNA/CCENT all the way! The two exams build on the material that you studied in both the Net+ and Sec+. Good luck, man! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCENT/CCNA it is! Thanks guys!
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)