Options

storage of printer drum

sixcarsixcar Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
a question i had on a+ test was how to store a printer drum. i know they are light sensitive, so i had a choice of two answers, warm and dark, or cold and dark. i have looked and looked to find the true answer. does anyone know for sure. my tech class teacher didnt know. i cant find anything any wheres as to how to store a drum. oh i got this question twice on the test. thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    It should be stored in a dark, cool and dry place.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Dark is a given because of UV saturation. Warm means not hot but cold also means not warm and not COOL. My vote is warm as in normal room temperature and dark. Also for a HP color laser drum the ratings are Operating temperature: 59 to 77° F; Storage temperature: -4 to 104° F. Based on that how cold is cold and how warm is warm so we have another CompTIA ambiguous question. HP seems to think that you can go below the freezing temp of water but not to the temperature of hot coffee or tea. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    sixcarsixcar Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well the only thing i found after digging for hours is , the proper way to store a drum is a cool and dark location. cool wasnt on the test as an answer, so becarful if you come across this one. i guess you would go with cold and dark. thats the only one that would of been close
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    sixcar wrote:
    well the only thing i found after digging for hours is , the proper way to store a drum is a cool and dark location. cool wasnt on the test as an answer, so becarful if you come across this one. i guess you would go with cold and dark. thats the only one that would of been close

Probably more important then 'guessing' the answer CompTIA might want is doing it correct in real life ;)

IF there ever was an error on the exam, and people merely answer the question based on the way the test writer wants it answered, the exams will never improve. Grant it, it may mean that questions are scored incorrect, but the exam writers (I hope) are evaluating the questions the candidates do answer incorrect to see if there is a pattern or reason for this.

Personally, I prefer Just-in-Time inventory. This way I'm not storing anything and I have it exactly when I need it without extra on-hand in the event the print device dies and is replaced before the toner is consumed. This is not always practicle, but as mentioned, this is my preferred method ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?