Options

Passed Network+ today!

rwb964rwb964 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
I rarely post on here, but with everyone's contribution to this site, it has paid off.

I used
-Mike Meyer's net plus
-darril Gibson's website
-youtube
-almost a year of experience working in a data center

So whats next? Ultimately I want to go the security route, but thinking, to fully understand the security security side, I might need a stronger foundation in networking. So possibly CCNA or should I just go straight to CEH or SSCP? I already have security+ btw.

Comments

• Options
    NicWhiteNicWhite Member Posts: 134
    Congrats!
    WGU - BS Software Development
    Start Date: 2/1/2016
    Transferred 40 / Complete 23 / Remaining 60
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass. Glad the website helped.

Security is broad and it depends on what you're looking at as a goal.

If you want to get deep so that you are the person performing penetration testing, the CEH is better when comparing CEH and SSCP, and the CCNA would be useful.
    If you plan to be more generalized the SSCP (and the CISSP) are valuable certs and the CCNA wouldn't help much more in those certs. Instead, you could go straight to the SSCP and then the CISSP.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on pass and good luck on whatever you decide to do next!!!
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    I would guess the most logical route would be CCNA to CCNA Security if that's the direction you want to go.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    As for the next move, I think it may serve you to figure out what you want to do with security first before getting a cert that doesn't work for you. Although the CCENT and CCNA are great certifications if you want to build a better foundation in networking, you may not like the CLI side of it. That's where I feel a major difference lies in between the Network+ and Cisco certifications; Network+ is vendor neutral. Give Packet Tracer or GNS3 a spin if you think network security is for you.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP