Passed the Network+

Moon ChildMoon Child Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
Finally I passed the Network+ today!

I am very glad I decided to delay the exam a week and pass Microsoft's MTA: Networking Fundamentals first. The MTA pointed out my week areas that helped me better prepare for the Network+ exam. The exam was a lot harder than the MTA exam I thought and although I was passing a lot of the practice tests and was studying network+ books from the library, I thought the test was a lot harder than any of the practice tests I took. It definitely is a much tougher exam than the MTA: Networking exam. I think I underestimated the difficulty of this exam and I am glad I was well prepared.
... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

What do you hope to do next? Will you continue your networking path? Or were you thinking of heading a different direction?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • sunzealsunzeal Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations. It would be great if you can also explain what are the books / guides etc you referred that helped you in your course to pass the exam :)
  • Moon ChildMoon Child Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I saved a bunch of money and used every Network+ book I could find at my local library. Since my library has Security+ and CCNA books I might pursue one of those tracks next since again it won't cost me a dime to study for those exams. I love my library. Right now though I am so burned out and have no desire to take another certification exam anytime soon, I need a little break from it I am so sick of studying.
    ... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations on utilizing your library! Many libraries have great resources and they are there for just this reason!

Keep in mind it is ok to take a short break, but set a date when you will jump back in or you will likely find a year from now you are still on break...and that would be unfortunate. Two weeks perhaps? but not too much longer. No one says you have to cram hard, just read through the topics for fun. Sybex has a terrific Sec+ book that doesn't get the credit it deserves in some circles. You may wish to start with a Passport type text or something quick and easy, not to master the material, just to get the jargon in your mind.

And with any CompTIA exam, download a fresh copy of the objectives to outline what topics you should get to know.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass of both the MTA Networking Fundamentals and the Network+ exams.

It looks like you're building up a good set of certs on top of your degrees.

I certainly understand the need to take a break every now and then, but I also like Plantwiz's advice to set a date of when you'll jump back in.

With the Network+ behind you, you can very likely pass the Security+ in a very short time. A lot of the Network+ material crosses over and you understand how CompTIA words the questions. The CCNA would take you quite a bit longer.

Good luck with whichever path you choose.
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    W2G!!! icon_thumright.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice work man i like the way you have laid out your Foundation, well done!!! i likeicon_thumright.gif
  • snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats. Whats next? I thought the network+ exam was harder then the icnd 1
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Just to echo Plantwiz and Darril, I passed my last test 8 months ago. I have taken a break that is way too long. I am going to start studying a lot harder than I have for the last 8 months. From the other side of the fence, damn it was a good break.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    @Patel128, Welcome back:).

Good luck on your next exam. Is it still ICND1 or are you pursuing something else next?
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Thank you. I am going to go over the Net+ material. I am on the fence if I should take the exam though since the next exam after that will be ICND1.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • DenholmDenholm Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass!icon_thumright.gif
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□