VMWorld 2013

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
Anyone going?

I'll be there again this year, if anyone wants to meet up!

Comments

• fluk3dfluk3d Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll be going also - first time going so not too sure what to expect
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Boss is crazy iffie about going this year. Grr... we still havn't implemented the changes from last year to be honest.
    -Daniel
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Physically pains me that I can't fit it in this year. Going to try to make next year. So ready for it to return to Vegas.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was planning to go but I will be on vacation till after Labor Day weekend icon_sad.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I will be there. First time for me too.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My company, Fusion-io, will be there. I will not be.
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I managed to get a pass at the last minute through work after someone else backed out. Last year was my first time and I thought it was a great learning experience. I actually paid my own way last year. This time I won't have to.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    slinuxuzer wrote: »
    Physically pains me that I can't fit it in this year. Going to try to make next year. So ready for it to return to Vegas.

VMware signed a 10 year contract with San Fran. Won't be in Vegas anytime soon. I don't care for San Fran. Hotels in the area are a pain to get, and there are not great hotels near the moscone center.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    I'll definitely be going when we get it here in Australia.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Probably never will here mate, they'll likely do Singapore or Kiwiland. At the last Melbourne VMUG someone asked if VMworld would ever come to our land, and the consensus among the presenters was the closest they'd go would either be Singapore or NZ. Pity I reckon, I'd be all over it too...
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Surely we would have more VCP+'s here in the land of OZ than the Kiwi's. If it is anything like Cisco Live, It would be huge here.

At least we have VMUG who get some great speakers like Scott Lowe and Mike Laverick.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com