Netapp NCDA certification

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone taken the NCDA certification from netapp recently? I have a requirement to learn some netapp stuff for work. However, there doesnt seem to be any exam guides etc. I know netapp provides some WBT's and the simulator but is this enough to learn the material? I will be looking to take the cluster mode exam.

Cheers.
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I am actually sitting in the cDOT class right now and will be taking the NS0-156 exam sometime in the next few weeks. There are a lot of free courses available under NetApp university that will help, and I have provided a link below for some filler information.

https://communities.netapp.com/people/BrendonHiggins/blog/2012/12/29/learning-netapp--a-storage-admins-guide

Good luck!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    down77 wrote: »
    I am actually sitting in the cDOT class right now and will be taking the NS0-156 exam sometime in the next few weeks. There are a lot of free courses available under NetApp university that will help, and I have provided a link below for some filler information.

https://communities.netapp.com/people/BrendonHiggins/blog/2012/12/29/learning-netapp--a-storage-admins-guide

Good luck!

Thanks mate!

• tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    There are 2 NCDA certifications 7 mode and cluster mode. If in doubt I'd say to target 7 mode as it focuses on standalone and HA 7-mode configurations rather than the 8 mode cluster confugration which is a reasonably new development and not that manyu places have it yet.

If you have a netapp support subscription then downlaod and configure the simulator it's the best way to get some hands on for the equiptment without making changes to your live environment. The sim can't do everythign but it's actually really good for a sim product.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you're taking over an envrionment that is running 7-mode and will be for the forseeable future (there is no non-disruptive migration to 8-mode/cluster-mode from what I understand), then learn 7-mode first. Otherwise, go cluster mode.

Whichever way you go, you can get the ONTAP simulator for either mode, and once you are up to speed on one, you can pick up the other one if you need to.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    Thanks. Our deployments are usually in a HA pair using 7 mode i believe after talking to the storage guys. So its probably best to start down that track for now.

Thanks for the input fella's

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    nel, perhaps pm a TE member, Qhalo, for more information. He's pretty close to attempting the NCDA. Check out his blog too, vwilmo.wordpress.com , worth a read if your serious about this cert.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Essendon wrote: »
    nel, perhaps pm a TE member, Qhalo, for more information. He's pretty close to attempting the NCDA. Check out his blog too, vwilmo.wordpress.com , worth a read if your serious about this cert.

Thanks Ess. I'll take a look and probably give him a shout :D