Scheduling my Sec+

zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
I've been reading Darril Gibson's book for Sec+ and watching CBT Nuggets. I've read exactly half of the book so far, as well as watched half of the CBTs. Fall classes start monday, and i'm taking a security+ class as required for my degree. I started prepping myself with the nuggets and Darril's book about 2 weeks ago. For the class I'll be using some over priced $200 college text book, as well as TestOut's LabSims. By the time I'm done with the class, I'll be well prepared for it.

Should I schedule my exam now, that way I have a deadline, or should I wait til later in the semester to schedule it?

Comments

• BaackBaack Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would schedule now
    I pretty much studied the same info you listed
    What really helped me was doing tons of practice questions (via google search)
    The questions on the real test are strange, practice helps with the problem solving most of the test is based on
    Good luck
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    I agree with Baack - schedule the test now. You'll have a clear goal in mind and will be more likely to follow through. One thing I like to remind people about when doing practice test questions is to make sure you read the explanations. The goal isn't just to get them correct, but instead to understand why the correct answers are correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. This way, you are more likely to be able to answer the questions not matter how CompTIA asks them.

Good luck.
  • zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    Awesome! Thank both of you!
    I'm waiting on my next pay check, and then scheduling my exam. I appreciate the advice.