Queries regarding exam

p1xelsp1xels Member Posts: 114 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,
Can anybody please tell me whether the CCNA global certificate contains the local Pearson center name from where I take the exam? How much time do they give for the ccna exam- is it 90 mins or 120 mins(i.e. 2 hrs)?
Also,I am from India.So can anyone please tell me which will be best after CCNA R&S ,which will be better -CCNP R&S or CCNA Voice or CCNA Security regarding course prospects and job opportunity in India after CCNA(R&S)?
Is it a good practice to go for any CCIE level like CCIE Voice directly ?Am i eligible to sit for the CCIE Voice Exam directly after ccna R&S without taking training on ccna(voice) and ccnp voice??
I am looking for networking job mainly in my state and dont want to leave my home city. Please if anyone knows the job market in India or Calcutta(specially) and can tell me if without an Engineering degree I can get a job? I am only a Science graduate (PCM)
Thanks
With Regards

P.S. : You can also pm me what you feel to my inbox..

Comments

• Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Since English is a foreign language to you, your time will be extended on the exam. On your certificate, it won't say anything about the testing center because it doesn't really matter where you took the exam.

No one can tell you what to do after CCNA. What is your goal? Do you have a job in IT right now? What kind of job do you want to have?

There are no prerequisites for the CCIE exams. You can take them without having CCNAs or CCNPs. However, if you don't have experience and a lot of knowledge, there isn't any point in doing that. People prepare very intensely for years in order to get to that level. It is usually a good idea to go for CCNP even if you are close to the CCIE level because there is some overlap. Plus, the CCNP material really helps you get into the CCIE and reinforces your knowledge.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    With respect to doing the CCNA R&S what is your primary goal. Do you have any previous experience ?

Usually once the R&S is done or with the knowledge obtained you can apply for entry level Networking Positions in India.

What is your qualification and experience ? Maybe I or we can assist with your already planned goals.

Cheers

Chanakya

P.S With respect to the exam , you do not have any extension. The exams are conducted in English and there is no extra time given at all. Centre does not make a difference as it does not display neither does the score.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• p1xelsp1xels Member Posts: 114 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Brothers,
    I'm a B.Sc. in Pure Science (Physics,Chem & Maths) .I did it some 12 years back icon_redface.gif and did odd jobs here n there till I started doing CCNA from this year.I dont want to share my earlier profession here but this much I can say that I left that profession once and for all ,never to venture that field again and it is not related to IT or networking in any way. I don't have any experience in networking prior to this but I have lot of exposure to programming and assembly language through various short courses I did. I recently got 2 jobs as a programmer but left it because of low pay.Though I won't mention that in my CV!icon_redface.gif
    Lastly,I spend 24 hrs in the net for the last 11 years so you can realize ....
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    In India it is going to be a herculean task to find a starter job as a Network engineer. Maybe you can start looking for NOC Analyst / NOC Technician but I am not too sure.

Programming Jobs are nice too. Dont expect a lot from this job either in the initial stages.

Cheerrs

Chanakya
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

P.S With respect to the exam , you do not have any extension. The exams are conducted in English and there is no extra time given at all. Centre does not make a difference as it does not display neither does the score.

You get 30 minutes in addition because English isn't your native language.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • p1xelsp1xels Member Posts: 114 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi chanakya,
    Brother as I said I didn't liked programming so I dont want to go back to try that field again.

BTW,no one told me which is better ccna voice or security? Which one of them is easier to crack?
    No one can tell you that. There are a lot of variables to be put into the equation. Depends on your level and experience, for example. Furthermore, you shouldn't be thinking of which is easier. Do a little research on both and go for what you like.
  • powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    p1xels wrote: »
    Hi chanakya,
    Brother as I said I didn't liked programming so I dont want to go back to try that field again.

BTW,no one told me which is better ccna voice or security? Which one of them is easier to crack?

The easiest topic to crack is the one that you find most interesting.