Passed A+!!!

RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
After 5 1/2 months (3/1 to 8/16), I'm A+ certified! (701/702)

Thanks for all the help on here guys!

I used Mike Myers All in one, Exam Cram, watched Professor Messer videos about 3 times, and listened to PM on MP3 in the car.

Still debating on if I should go for Net+, or just damn the torpedoes and tackle CCNA.

Taking a few days off, then back to work!

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

Net+ would be good practice, but what is your long term goal? If you are planning on going the CCNA route and beyond, then there may not be the need to the NET+ expense particularly since you sound like you are ready to continue on! If you were taking a several month break, then I would be more incline to recommend going for the NET+ more immediately before a pause.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
    Thanks! Yea, I think networking is the route I want to take. A tip I came across is to read the CCENT book cover to cover, just to expose yourself to the material, then do the real studying after that. I'll decide on everything in a few days.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm following just about the same study routine, glad to see someone validate it!
  • CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
    Congratz, I know the exciting you are feeling. :)

Well it depends if you have experiencing in the field or not as well. If you don't have but plan to take it easy and have a month or two spare I would recommend the Net+ just for the fundamentals. Since the A+ does overlap into Net+ as well as Sec+ and vice versa.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Go for Net+ on your way to CCNA.
    Net+ will teach the fundamentals, then CCNA will be alot easier.
  • RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
    Thanks everyone!
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulation on the pass icon_cheers.gif