Which MCSE path sould i choose after MCSA 2012?

Mas1313Mas1313 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I will take the 70-417 within a month to become a MCSA Windows Server 2012. I was on wondering which path should I go with to obtain an MCSE certification. I am currently studying without a job or any real life experience in IT. Can anyone recommend a path which has the most relevance today and has the most realistic prospect of landing a job? (bear in mind my first job would be entry-level, i.e. desktop support)

I'm not sure whether i should follow the server infrastructure, desktop infrastructure, private cloud, messaging, or Sharepoint path.

I know that Sharepoint is an excellent technology and really useful product that pretty much no one knows anything about but i do not have a programming background.

Can anyone please advise?

Thank you.

Comments

• sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Get a job first and then, depending on what you will do, choose the path. MCSE with no IT experience is a bad joke from the 90s.
  • dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You could achieve the MCSE 2012 and get a job as a System Admin without work experience but I would recommend getting on hands training from a Local Tech School in your area offering the courses. It would take about a year or so to achieve a MCSE with proper training and you could use the training as experience on your resume (ex: On hands training for 6mos is 6mos of experience!). If I could do it all over again I would take the Windows Client Path (WIN7/WINicon_cool.gif and then take Windows Server Path (2008/2012) first and skipped CompTIA all together, but I took the CompTia route and I'm now just obtaining my Microsoft Server Certs.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MCSE: Server Infrastructure would make sense. If you have MCSA: Windows 7 or MCSA: Windows 8, you may also want to pursue MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure. Honestly it's up to you.

As far as Private Cloud, Sharepoint, Messaging, etc, it comes down to what technologies you're interested in working with, or what your job requires of you. (Hyper-V, Exchange 2013, Lync 2013, etc)
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • misterprashantbmisterprashantb Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    future is hyper v beating vmware badly behind the bush and in front as well....go infra!!
  • misterprashantbmisterprashantb Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    future is hyper v beating vmware badly behind the bush and in front as well....go infra!!
    also
    IMHO exchange combined with Lync
  • j1nj1n Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would recommend SharePoint. The reason is because there aren't that many ppl that go that route and ppl that know SharePoint are in high demand. There are SharePoint jobs everywhere.