TSHOOT Topology Equipment

theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm currently working on ROUTE, but came across the TSHOOT Topology. Cisco gives you the topology [for the TSHOOT Exam], but doesn't say what equipment you'll need.

ASW1 -- 2960-24TT-L (?)

ASW2 -- 2960-24TT-L (?)

DSW1 -- 3560-48PS-S (I'll need to install the EMI Image)

DSW2 -- I have 3550s with the EMI Image installed, but I was thinking I'll probably need another 3560 or 3750 for full IPv6 Support. I was planning [when I have some extra money] to buy a 3750 so that I'd have both (3560 and 3750)

R1 -- 2811 ISR

R2 -- 1760?

R3 -- 1760? (I'd use the 2801 ISR, but the first HWIC/WIC slot (all-zeroes), which is used in the topology - only supports VICs)

R4 -- 2821 ISR

ISP (Not Shown) -- 2801 ISR. This seems to only be needed for BGP and there is no mention of IPv6, so I should be able to use almost any router with a Serial Port? Since this only influences, but is not configurable [on the exam], which slot I have to use for WICs is a non-issue in this role)

WAN (Not Shown) -- 3745? I assume I could use just about anything with 4 x Serial Connections. The practice tickets on Cisco's site are using Frame Relay to simulate point-to-point leased lines: R1 <--> R2 <--> R3 <--> R4
R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
Security: CCNA [ ]
Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]

Comments

• okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    Unless you are planning to continue on to CCIE, building a lab specifically for TSHOOT is probably not the greatest investment. If money is no object, then by all means. I would recommend using what you already have to "practice" troubleshooting.

I was able to use Boson Ex-Sim for TSHOOT and it was a great resource by itself. I built the layer 3 toplogy using GNS3 as well just to get an idea of the configuration. Realistically, you can pass TSHOOT without study if you're solid with the technologies in SWITCH and ROUTE.
  • iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    Just connect 4 switches to a GNS3 topology. That would save you buying all the routers.
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    iamme4eva wrote: »
    Just connect 4 switches to a GNS3 topology. That would save you buying all the routers.

I have enough physical routers [from CCNA]...Mostly, I wanted to know if the routers and switches I listed would do everything required or if I would need more ISRs [and if I needed another 3560]. If you can do everything in GNS3, then the 1760s should be just fine [for R1-R4].
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]