MCSA?

Jus a quick question, does passing 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 and 70-294 earn you MCSA? Am not quite sure of the electives etc!! :D

Comments

• fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/

You've finished the core for your MCSA, you will need another implementing or installing elective. I choose Security+ to pick up an extra cert along the way.
  • pretaanluxispretaanluxis Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have my A+, 270, 290, 291, and 299...how do I go about getting my MCSA certificate?? icon_confused.gif
    I have my A+, 270, 290, 291, and 299...how do I go about getting my MCSA certificate?? icon_confused.gif

Anyone?
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should contact Microsoft because you have all the requirements of an MCSA 2003.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Tekniques you've taken
    70-270
    70-290
    & MCDST you using this as your elective and taking another such as
    70-291?

(This is the path in taking thats why i ask)
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
    Sie wrote:
    Tekniques you've taken
    70-270
    70-290
    & MCDST you using this as your elective and taking another such as
    70-291?

(This is the path in taking thats why i ask)

Yeah that is what I am doing. I already took the 291 once and failed icon_redface.gif
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    How did you find the others?

How long did you study for each?

What type of experience did you have prior?

Just so i can gage what i may need..... icon_confused.gif:
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
    Hmmm, well ...

70-271 & 70-272 were much easier than the others. 70-271 was a little helpful in a preview for the 270 because a 'small' amount carried over to that exam. If you want to do something really helpful it would be to read all the 270 technotes here before you go take the 271. Not only will it help out a lot, but you'll jump start on the 270. That is what I did, and the 270 test was very easy when I went to go take it, it was just very LONG. What was most helpful was the exam format, because the MCDST tests will get you ready for the other Microsoft exams to know what to expect.

As for passing them. 270, 271, and 272 I passed all on my first try. I failed 290 once and then passed it the second time. I studied about a month each for the 271 and 272. For 270 I was on/off studying for 3 months. I took a long time on 290, about 4 months. My mistake with the 290 was that Microsoft had the 2nd shot opportunity available so I just took it after I passed the 270 exam to see how close I was. 291 is by far the hardest and I have been working on it for over 2 months now. I think this is because the topics go into such detail, it really helps to have worked with a lot of this stuff prior to studying for it. Unfortunately for me, I'm learning as I do the stuff on the job, but that's better then learning and not doing any of it at all icon_wink.gif

Good luck!
    TeKniques wrote:
    You should contact Microsoft because you have all the requirements of an MCSA 2003.

who do I contact? Bill?
    TeKniques wrote:

who do I contact? Bill?

I don't know man. Go here and figure it out:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/default.asp

Why you wouldn't take any self-initiative to figure this out on your own is beyond me.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Email MCPhelp@microsoft.com and include your MCP ID, name and exams you passed and they'll take care of it.
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Contact your local testing center and ask for the number for microsoft reguarding your problem. They will send you in the right direction. They helped me get my MCP ID, kit, and MCDST kit.