I need your help!

InvalidWhat?InvalidWhat? Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I was contacted by a recruiter unexpectedly, and they had an offer for me for a call center position helping clients with AT&T U-VERSE issues, I gladly accepted the interview, of course. Made it to the interview and passed their customer service and computer literacy tests with ease, answered some questions and told them why I was a good canidate for the job. It went very well in my opinion then I was handed a card by a friendly woman and went on my way. The very next day I sent a follow up email to them pretty confident that I'd get the job. icon_surprised.gif Well.. they sent me an email but I'm not quite sure what to think of it so I'd like some of your opinions.
This is the message I sent: I want to express my thanks to you for taking time out of your day to interview me even after I missed the first interview I was scheduled for, I truly appreciate your consideration for the Customer service representative position. I am very interested in this job position and am looking forward to hearing from you once your final result has been made.

After forethought of the Pace AM hours opposed to the PM hours I have decided that the morning hours would be best suited for me as I have found someone to carpool with.

Thank you once again for your time and consideration.

And.. this is the tricky part. I'm not quite sure what to think of this, did I get the job, coming in for a second interview? They want to hire me as Head manager? You tell me..icon_exclaim.gif

This is what they replied with: Dear Mitchell,

Thank you for your interest in working with Aerotek. After careful consideration, we have decided to pursue other candidates at this time. Please feel free to search for other offers currently listed on our website.

Best of luck to you.

Thoughts are insight? Thanks! icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sounds like you didn't get the job man.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • IndyLovelessIndyLoveless Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Seems pretty clear to me you didn't get the gig.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Unfortunately it is quite clear that you didn't get it. Can't missunderstand the reply "we have decided to pursue other candidates at this time" = means that you aren't considered for this role at this time.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is a polite way of saying "no".

And suggesting you look at here other jobs mean you will start from scratch if you reapply.

I would never assume I had got a job no matter how confident I felt until the offer was on the table. And if I was interviewing and some one came back assuming hey had the job, even if they were my first choice I would reconsider as I think it's rude.
    M current job I walked out of the interview 99% sure it was mine, but I waited for them to contact me and did not make any plans until they confirmed.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I need more fingers to count the number of times I received that exact cookie cutter response. Then again, I need those same additional fingers to count the number of times I never received a response.

Like others said before me, you didn't get the job. You can apply for other positions at Aerotek. In my experience, however, this has never worked. Either way, it's time to move on to the next opportunity.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I would never assume I had got a job no matter how confident I felt until the offer was on the table.

For sure. Several years back, I had 3 interviews for a position. After the last one, the guy showed me my desk and where I would park my car. Introduced me to the team. I was happy. Got an e-mail 3 days later saying that the position did not receive full funding, so they could not offer me the position.

I would wait until after arriving on your first day of work to feel confident.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    That's pretty harsh LarryDaMan. I've never made it that far into the process and had it fall through, but funding for new positions can change at any time.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • InvalidWhat?InvalidWhat? Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is a polite way of saying "no".

And suggesting you look at here other jobs mean you will start from scratch if you reapply.

I would never assume I had got a job no matter how confident I felt until the offer was on the table. And if I was interviewing and some one came back assuming hey had the job, even if they were my first choice I would reconsider as I think it's rude.
    M current job I walked out of the interview 99% sure it was mine, but I waited for them to contact me and did not make any plans until they confirmed.

I think that's a good way to go about it all, I'll start doing that from now on. But the thing is I really am impatient, haha.

And I thought that this post was pretty clear that I was joking, I know I didn't get it lol, but one or two of these comments were helpful to me:)
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□

This is my current job.

and have to say this is the job where I think I meet the goals of my 5 year plan, ( may be a year or so later than planned :) ) nice to be on target.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.