Sans gse???

Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is there anyone on here currently planning on taking the written portion of the SANS GSE next year???
2014 GOALS
> GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]

Comments

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Maybe next year ! No budget for it this year !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• idr0pidr0p Member Posts: 104
    I am playing on taking it next year.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The idea of renewing all my GIAC certs with a GSE is appealing, but that's one exam that I'd have to prep a long, long time for (even for just the written part).
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Prepping for the GSE lab would make an interesting series of HOWTO blog articles. Is the GSE written just an aggregation of several GIAC certs, or are there additional objectives thrown in?
  • Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JD,
    GSEC, GCIH, and GCIA are the courses where the written portion delves into. Hands on is a incident response scenario where you have to do the full write up on a compromised network/systems.
    2014 GOALS
    I'll probably hold off on the GSE until I'm going computer/network IR for a living then. ;)
    It's good to go after if you have a lot of SANS certs because you don't have to renew them individually. The GSE renews all of your SANS certs at the same time.
    2014 GOALS
    How often does the GSE come up for renewal? And do you need to do the lab for renewal too or just the written exam?
    Every 4 years and just the written exam.
    2014 GOALS
  • idr0pidr0p Member Posts: 104
    Granted.. now the renewal for your other certification can be CPE credits making maintenance easier.
  • DrackarDrackar Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Send me a private chat if you want to get together some time for some studying. I am preparing to take the GSE written in August. I may postpone it to September. Either way, i'll be taking it this year.

I also have used the GSE Google group to get in contact with those studying for the exam.
    To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.
    -- Kokoro by Natsume Sosek, 1914, Japan