Options

Passed SWITCH this morning [1/3]

aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
I passed the SWITCH exam this morning. Just did crack 900 with my score so I didn't dominate it as others have done here recently. I didn't find the exam overly difficult or tricky. A lot of theory in the SWITCH topics but the exam questions were concise and fair IMO. I did take almost the entire allotted time, however.

As I've posted in other threads, I started with SWITCH over ROUTE because a good number of the topics I was already familiar with from real world experience. I spent nearly 3 months total preparing and used the OCG, CBT Nuggets, Iristheangel's great notes (thanks again!), and labbed a few of the topics like HSRP, Private VLANs, VACLS, etc.

Going to take a week or so break and then hit the FLG book, CBT Nuggets, and Iristheangel's notes for ROUTE. I've got GNS3 on my laptop and plenty of spare 2811 and 2911 routers here at work for a lab. We run EIGRP and BGP here at work so I can run as many show commands so I as like on production network routers, which is nice. Dynamic routing protocols are by far my weakest area so this is going to be tough. I'm planning to take the exam by the end of the year and work is sending me and a colleague to a one week ROUTE class in mid December that I will use as final preparation.

Comments

• Options
    Pseudo_nodePseudo_node Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats. What lab equipment did you use?
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    Congrats. What lab equipment did you use?

Two 2960, two 3560, and IE3000. all 8 port switches.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Route will have a lot more new content but I'd say your preliminary plan on what to use for study material will be a solid start.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes congratulations! Good luck with route/tshoot
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As I am starting with Switch soon, If you don't sharing what study resources you used to prepare for the exam. Thanks!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    As I am starting with Switch soon, If you don't sharing what study resources you used to prepare for the exam. Thanks!

See my first post, second paragraph.