Options

Question about ID required at testing centers.

NddwindNddwind Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I had a couple questions regarding accepted forms of ID at testing centers for the A+ exam offered through PearsonVUE.

Several days ago I lost my wallet along with my ID. I am scheduled to take the A+ 701/702 exams in the next couple days (before they expire on Aug 31st) but I am afraid that I will be unable to gain entry to take the test.

I am wondering if they might take my temporary state ID (basically a piece of paper with no picture) in conjunction with my college ID (Picture) / Debit card. I know they require two forms of ID, one being a photo ID, but having lost my wallet, and unforntuately living in Michigan where it takes several weeks to get your permanent ID I'm unsure how to proceed.

So in a nutshell does anyone think the testing center would accept a temporary state ID (with no picture) and my college photo ID?

I know I kind of put this off until the last minute but having spent the last 2-3 months studying for the 701/702 series and consistently scoring 95%+ on the practice exams, I'd really hate to not be able to take them before they expire because I am unable to get a photo ID.

Thanks for reading! Love this site by the way.

I should mention I'm also open to alternatives if anyone has any ideas. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    The best way to answer this question is to call the testing center, explain the situation and ask them what is acceptable.
  • Options
    I appreciate the reply.

Out of curiosity (I know its subjective and has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome.) What would your gut tell you in regards to the probability of most testing centers accepting temporary state issued paper ID in conjunction with college photo ID?

I've never been to one of these testing centers so I'm not 100% how strict they are.

Either way I'm calling them on Monday but Monday is too far away and I can't stop thinking about it!

lol thanks.
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I do not believe they will let you in without state issued photo ID.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Please be prepared to show two (2) valid forms of personal ID. One must be a valid, government issued ID containing both a photo and a signature. The second must also be valid and contain at least a signature.
    What would your gut tell you in regards to the probability of most testing centers accepting temporary state issued paper ID in conjunction with college photo ID?

Less than 10%? They'd have to be very hungry or very foolish to accept that risk.

If you contact them in advance they may be able to work out alternatives. I remember, one time when I was in a similar predicament, a store accepted my credit card, birth certificate, facebook account, and a couple letters addressed to me. You gotta do what you gotta do! Just showing up with insufficient ID, however, is taking a big chance.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Depending on your state, what makes you think your replacement ID will not arrive in time?

I would think that an ID issued by your state temporary or not, would be accepted. The DMV won.t issue a temp here if you do not check out, so, it should be a legal piece of ID.

Obviously, the only way to know is to contact the testing center. No one here will be able to tell you with any certainty what will work or not. Take items from the list of acceptable ID, and/or call or go visit the center to avoid last minute problems.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    I appreciate all of the replies, thank you.