Options

CEH Eligibility Form --- Exam Code

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
So, I'm submitting my CEH Eligibility Form (with the 100 dollar Fee) tomorrow to the EC-Council. Just curious...from TE members past experiences, how long does it usually take for the form to be processed and the code to be sent to you. As always thanks for your insight! icon_wink.gif
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You will need to pay the remaining $500 (if they even bother charging the original $100 you sent in) before they send you the voucher and eligibility code in the same email.

You pay $500 (plus an extra $100 if self studying) for the voucher. The voucher voids the $500 required from Pearson VUE during exam scheduling. EC-Council told me the exam eligibility code is to show the testing center that you have proper authorization from EC-Council to test (meaning your experience has been verified and your application approved).

Are you faxing it in? I faxed my application in on 18 Jul 13, received an email on the morning of 19 Jul 13 that my supervisor/point of reference had been emailed for his endorsement of my experience. He went ahead and endorsed me on 22 Jul 13 via email to EC-Council.

After that, my application sat there and the $100 that I sent in was never charged...I finally gave in and called them on 1 Aug 13 and they told me that my application had been approved but they were waiting on my $600. They told me I had a year to pay it off.

On 15 Aug 13, I called them and paid over the phone. I was told the vouchers/exam eligibility code were distributed around 3:30 - 4:30 Mountain time. I got my exam voucher/exam eligibility code during that time frame on the same date, went to Pearson VUE and registered to take my exam the next morning.

Showed up to the testing center on 16 Aug 13 and wasn't asked for my eligibility code. Tested and certified.

Quite a hassle to certify...I received an email in the middle of it all saying that my supervisor's endorsement had never been received despite the contrary being told to me over the phone by EC-Council a week before.

Your best bet is to call them once your experience has been endorsed and pay over the phone because I never received any email or word that my application had been approved and was awaiting payment.

Be sure to ask them for a receipt while you have them on the phone if you should need one for re-reimbursement.

The number that always works for me is 505-341-3228.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm about to send in my application/Eligibility Form next week as well. I hope I dont have the issues you did jvrlopez. I still dont get WHY they make you jump through hoops for this exam. I could see it for the CHFI and others like the OSCP, but not this one. I'll be glad to have this one behind me and be prepping for the CISSP in Sept.
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up jvrlopez! icon_thumright.gif I'll be sure to keep in close contact with EC-Council to make sure the process goes smoothly!
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    So my manager backed up my experience, and my application was approved. I'll most likely purchase the voucher through EC-Council and sit the exam either this weekend or the next. Should be fun! icon_thumright.gif