Finished Class, about to take CEH

mscdexmscdex Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All, I just finished taking a Learning Tree Course for CEH. The class was horrible and did not teach us anything. I am going the self study route to fill in the spaces. A few months ago, I remember seeing on this forum that if you pass you CEH class, you can apply for a DOD pen testing cert that they just give you. You then end up with 2 certs after taking only 1 test. Does anyone remember what that other cert was called. I have heard a lot of bad things from people saying that they were looked down on for having CEH on their resume. thx for any help

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You might be referring to the Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA) certification. This is name the Federal government uses for the CEH certification. If a Federal (DoD) employee already has the CEH, they can pay and additional $100 to the EC-Council and be awarded the CNDA certificate. Here's the FAQ: Certified Network Defense Architect | EC-Council
  • mscdexmscdex Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you so much. I have never had such a hard time searching for something
    ouch, price is now $200
    Ouch is right! I guess the Feds have no problem using our tax money to pay that "processing fee" to the ECC.
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It appears you have to actually work for a government entity to obtain the CNDA, looks like I won't be going after that one....and a "200 Dollar Processing Fee", yikes! icon_rolleyes.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
    Correct, the CNDA is only obtainable by US Federal/Military employees, and probably just not any Fed employee either. It's the same as the CEH cert, so no reason for us non-Feds to have it. Plus, I'm not comfortable having a cert with the word "Architect" when the cert itself has very little to do with computer network architectures.
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ^ +1 JDMurray. I agree, from studying and prepping for the CEH, it appears to have very litte coverage of network architectures/designs.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
    maybe architect means something else in Malaysian????
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I thought about it briefly when it was $100 since I would qualify, but $200 in "processing fees" that may or may not be covered by my GI Bill and/or employer is a little out of the way for me right now.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna