ICND2 Test numbers 640-816 / 200-101 CAUTION!!

bndeulogy2bndeulogy2 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greeting all!

I wanted to pass on a HUGE mistake I made twice now. As I'm sure most of you know, the ICND1&2 test formats change on September 30. I was aware of this. What I did not realize, was that the new format is currently LIVE. You have the option of selecting EITHER the ICND2 640-816 or ICND2 200-101.

I have spent the last 6 months studying for 640-816 with the intention of passing before the new test went live. It took me 2 failures to realize I was taking the new test. I had assumed the test went live on the 30th and didn't even exist as a choice yet. I realize this was an incredibly stupid and very costly mistake, but it does clarify why many of the topics were not in my books and study material.

I am posting this in the hope that one person will read this and not make the same moronic mistake as I did. 2 tests are currently live, pick the right one. Scheduling my 3rd attempt (sort of my firsticon_wink.gif) now. Wish me luck.

Thanks,
Kyle
CCENT

Comments

• theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Both are currently live, and worse yet the number for the new test is LOWER (100/200 vs. 640) so it shows up before [on the list of exams] the 640-822/640-816 when scheduling an exam with Pearson.

They really should have some kind of glaring warning along the lines of "YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR ICND2 v2.0 (200-101). IF YOU ARE TRYING TO REGISTER FOR ICND2 v1.1 (640-816), PLEASE CANCEL, GO BACK AND SELECT ICND2 v1.1 (640-816)" to prevent such mistakes. For now, all you can do is be extra careful and double and triple check the exam number [as I did when I took them] and then check it again when they send you the confirmation emails.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Kenneth196Kenneth196 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That darn Pearson
    "Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks." - Unknown