Has this cert proven useful to anyone?

phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm currently studying for the PDI+ along with my A+, and it seems fairly simple. There is a shortage of copier/scanner techs in my area, so I do feel it would help my job prospects, but I notice this cert doesn't seem to be discussed or listed much with people on these boards. Can anyone here who holds this cert attest that is has actually benefited them in any way? Thanks.

Comments

• ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm a Server Admin, but took PDI+ as review, since I don't do as much with printers these days. I certainly don't think PDI+ is a premiere certification by any means, nor would I see a huge job opportunity for it (unless I was considering a printer/copier tech position). However, I found the certification useful for my need to review the subject matter.. If you're getting A+, while the information from A+ is still fresh in your mind, I'd say go for PDI+. Companies like to hire individuals that show a willingness to learn, and, if nothing else, it provides another certification to show you don't just sit around in your free time playing video games. I recently changed to a better paying admin position, and while the PDI+ was not specifically mentioned, I think the overall list of courses, certs, and classes I continue to take over the years showed my prospective employer that I will continue to learn.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    According to CompTIA's website, this exam is being retired on Jan. 31, 2014.

CompTIA PDI+ Certification
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Dang, I thought I followed the cert scene pretty well but never heard of this test until now. I guess it has to do with the fact that I despise printers, faxes, and copiers.