Last minute Labs

Rodzilla GRodzilla G Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
Taking the ICND2 test on Saturday Sept 7th. Unfortunately I don't have my own equipment, but Packet Tracer has been very helpful. I am looking for some additional labs to do.

In Particular on Frame relay, Inter VLAN switching, ACLs, and Static/Dynamic Routing.

Any resources that help me practice and solidify some knowledge. Thanks for any responses back.

Comments

• colby_arcolby_ar Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check out 101 Labs for the CCNA Exam. It is $5 for the Kindle edition. I went through all of them in preparation for taking the CCNA.
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can always build your own labs in PT, however I don't believe you can setup a Frame Relay lab. But you can setup EIGRP, NAT, ACL, VTP, and other labs. There are also probably preconfigured PT labs available, but I'm not sure where to obtain them.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Rodzilla GRodzilla G Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use to subscribe to Paul Browning's site, and printed out quite a lot of these labs and have been using them. But I also wanted to view these types of labs away from his....just to have a little more variety. Thanks for the suggestion on the Kindle though.
    colby_ar wrote: »
    Check out 101 Labs for the CCNA Exam. It is $5 for the Kindle edition. I went through all of them in preparation for taking the CCNA.
    I tried building a Frame Relay lab of my own via Packet Tracer. But I wanted to do so by utilizing a router as my Frame Relay setup, rather than using the WAN Emulation tool. My thought process on this is, I want to set the frame relay mapping statements myself, not through an emulator. What I tried is making the Router I want as the Frame Relay Switch to have all of the DCE side settings whether a point to point or a multi point lab. I set the clock rate on those interfaces, but still I get no luck with it being successful. Thanks for the insights.
    TechGuy215 wrote: »
    You can always build your own labs in PT, however I don't believe you can setup a Frame Relay lab. But you can setup EIGRP, NAT, ACL, VTP, and other labs. There are also probably preconfigured PT labs available, but I'm not sure where to obtain them.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I wouldn't worry too much about learning how to set up a router as a frame relay switch. It's something people do in labs, but in the real world you are going to be connecting to an actual frame relay switch. Not to mention frame relay is a dying technology.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    I can understand that for the real world, but it's the test that I am facing to pass. To me the labs, help me understand the material more. But I certainly get what you are saying sir.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Setting up a router as a frame relay switch is not part of the exam. It's just something people do in labs to emulate a frame relay switch.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Understood, I am just going to mimic the commands while in packet tracer to get the cli portion of it down. Thanks.
  • revadrevad Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□