Just gotta crow...

Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
FINALLY!!!

Passed my ICND2 exam this afternoon with a 916 :D

ICND1 was last month, jammed an 899 on material i wasn't even studying for lmfao!

This has been a very long road, literally 2+ yrs ago i started the self-study with CBT videos and Lammle's book; then signed up for official classes at my local community college, did that Jan thru August last year; took the composite exam shortly thereafter and (sniff) failed icon_sad.gif

No joke, i was shocked/gutted/stunned/po'd for a few months afterward. Rededicated myself back in April, got Odom's new books (just in case lol) and studied studied studied! It's funny, but the best thing to have happened to me was getting laid off in June. Now i had hours upon hours at my disposal to get sh!t done, and i did icon_thumright.gif

I have to crow, I need this release, this is a huge accomplishment for me with all the family/work/school juggling. Im just so damned pleased, so thanks for putting up with my exuberant exaltation icon_cheers.gif

Carry on lol
"The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Well earned! :)
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks! now where's that beer at lol...wife is already pushing me to go back to school for CCNP next year :D Bring it on!
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Do it! You should be glad to have a supporting wife!! CCNA (then CCNP) is in my track!!
  • Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gbdavidx wrote: »
    Do it! You should be glad to have a supporting wife!! CCNA (then CCNP) is in my track!!

Oh believe me I AM! Grateful, that is lol...
    We have plans on 'retiring' to New Zealand in some years, and these certs will come in handy ;)

Edit: BTW, good luck to you!
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Sy Kosys wrote: »
    FINALLY!!!

Passed my ICND2 exam this afternoon with a 916 :D

ICND1 was last month, jammed an 899 on material i wasn't even studying for lmfao!

This has been a very long road, literally 2+ yrs ago i started the self-study with CBT videos and Lammle's book; then signed up for official classes at my local community college, did that Jan thru August last year; took the composite exam shortly thereafter and (sniff) failed icon_sad.gif

No joke, i was shocked/gutted/stunned/po'd for a few months afterward. Rededicated myself back in April, got Odom's new books (just in case lol) and studied studied studied! It's funny, but the best thing to have happened to me was getting laid off in June. Now i had hours upon hours at my disposal to get sh!t done, and i did icon_thumright.gif

I have to crow, I need this release, this is a huge accomplishment for me with all the family/work/school juggling. Im just so damned pleased, so thanks for putting up with my exuberant exaltation icon_cheers.gif

Carry on lol

Congrats, now remove the "CCENT" from your profile.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?