ICND1 schedule for 8/29, a few questions

binaryhatbinaryhat Member Posts: 129
i have been studying since April.

#1 I have been using the Boson practice exam. Do those practice exams closely match the real exam questions?

#2 On the dry eraser board what would you suggest I write down there when I get in to the exam? I'm planning on putting down the powers of 2 up to 14, 128 64...and a few configuration register #s.

#3 How many simulations are there on the exam/ I hear there are two or three questions like that.

#4. Any other suggestions for preparing?
Currently working on:
ICND1 - TBD
Book: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide
Equipment: Packet Tracer, GNS3
Supplement Material: Youtube, Google, Boson ExamSim-Max, CBTNuggets

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    1. I don't know never used them.

2. Powers of two would help, but I didn't write anything down. Make sure you have this all in your head before you attempt the exam!

3. No one can tell you the number or type of questions. That would be a violation of the NDA everyone agrees to when they take the exam.

4. Relax! At this point you know it or not. Get some rest and be ready to go.

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1. Can't give a yes or no, because I've never used them...however I'm sure they are based on the domains of the exam so they should be good prep.

2. Powers of 2 is good and config registers are good. I would also add some basic ios commands, how to assign the enable, secret, console, and vty passwords, the sequence of booting up a router/switch, what is stored in NVRAM vs FLASH, and when to use types of cabling (crossover, straight-through, rollover) to the list.

3. Can't answer this as it would violate the NDA.

4. Study hard, lab regularly, visit the TE forums for questions/advice, and I'm sure you'll do just fine!
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • tist005tist005 Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I can't remember a large power of 2 I'll multiply depending on the number of host/subnet bits. For example, the question asks how many hosts can you have per subnet with the mask /17 .. well that's 255.255.128.0 so you have 7 in the 3rd octet and 8 in the last octet. So just do 2^7 {128} * 2^8 {256} which is easier to do on paper. Remember to subtract when necessary whether its hosts or no zero subnet.