CCIE R&S progress

1235»

Comments

• silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i get paid on the 25th so i am going to attempt it on the 28th, or 3rd. Havent decided which date but it is now between those two :) As i have next week off, then a week off after that weekend due to moving house etc. I plan to get another 60 hours revision in
    Exam booked for 30th as i am moving this weekend! Hopefully all will go well.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Not doing things by half then!

Best of luck for your written icon_smile.gif
    Thanks, cant be letting you get too far in the lead as i want a spot in london also :)!
    Will have to arrange a meetup methinks! Post lab comiserations/celebrations haa

Maybe we could partner up on issues in the meantime??
    yes yes and yes! i am definatly in need of some one to bounce ideas off and review material!
    Awesome!

Sounds like a plan! :)
    JUST finished moving in, Unpacked the PC's and got the 3750's/3550's set up and ready with my GNS3 machine, not touching any of it until hopefully Friday evening!
    FAILED. just got back from written, it was a close fail but a fail none the less!!!!

I have rebooked for next thursday and will be concentrating on the areas i found i did terrible in :)
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    silver145 wrote: »
    FAILED. just got back from written, it was a close fail but a fail none the less!!!!

I have rebooked for next thursday and will be concentrating on the areas i found i did terrible in :)

Don't let it get you down. Brian M. from INE remarked that he failed the Data Center written MANY times. He one-shotted the lab. It is what it is.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hey man, think of it this way- that fail means you're closer to a pass!

Also, I failed the BSCI (now CCNP Route) TWICE before passing. You haven't truly failed unless you give up!

I look forward to your PASS!
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Also, I failed the BSCI (now CCNP Route) TWICE before passing.

Oh, now you go and mention BSCI. I know that I failed that exam at least three times in the past! I can still remember the last time I took it (it was 2009). My very first question was a sim on IS-IS w/ IPv6. (The BSCI curriculum included ISIS.) I wound up failing the exam with a 777 score. This would look to be a very lucky number, except for the fact that I failed by 13 points! My CCNA/CCNP expired at the time. [This was actually good for me, as I was rusty and out-of-practice. Also, it meant that you'd have one less weak CCNP out there!] I probably could have recerted using the known to be much easier BCMSN, but I must be a glutton for punishment: I wanted to feel like I "earned" it.

I will say that I thought the old BSCI / BCMSN / BCRAN seemed to have more topics, overall. The old CIT (the troubleshooting test, as I remember it) seemed to be a little easy, but that was probably because it required knowing all the others first.
    You haven't truly failed unless you give up!

Yeah. Don't give up.

Note: I could have fudged the acronyms. These tests haven't been available for a few years.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
    Re-took the exam today and passed :), a rather large difference in my percentages as well. I took the parts i knew i sucked at from the first and re-covered them. seemed to do the trick, a few questions still caught me out though! probably spent another 20 hours prepping since i failed the last test so i will update ciggy and onto the lab prep now!

Thanks Instant/Mrock (congrats to you also!)
  • carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice, great job! Have fun labbing!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Hey man, think of it this way- that fail means you're closer to a pass!

Also, I failed the BSCI (now CCNP Route) TWICE before passing. You haven't truly failed unless you give up!

Great piece of advice!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    silver145 wrote: »
    Re-took the exam today and passed :), a rather large difference in my percentages as well. I took the parts i knew i sucked at from the first and re-covered them. seemed to do the trick, a few questions still caught me out though! probably spent another 20 hours prepping since i failed the last test so i will update ciggy and onto the lab prep now!

Congrats man, great work!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man. I cant wait to see when you and dave both pass!

Keep up the good work fella!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    Yay! Well done on the pass! Never mind that it took two attempts.

Onwards and upwards. I'm still enjoying my sabbatical but I am often checking up on what is going on in here..

Keep it up. I'm back next week full time. Been re-arranging and sorting the house this week - a job that was long overdue sadly but never mind, nearly all done now.

I needed a break from the computer anyway, I work 12 hour shifts of it at work and been doing 8-10 hours a day in my off days, a break after the written felt right.

I'll be catching up on your written hours again shortly!
    Hey!
    Nearly finished settling into the new job and start my official line of business on monday, as a side project while going through basic training i have been practicing for the "Metro Ethernet Forum - Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional" exam which i have booked to sit next thursday. Then onwards and upwards with my IE!
    Good to hear you are still going!
    so the IE begins! My first rack rental slot starts in 30 mins, (even though i have a home lab) just wanting to see the difference between the two as i am using half GNS3 and physical switches.

I decided not to clock watch with my labbbing, I am following the INE workbooks, ill work untill i feel ready, then ill book mock exams, depending how much i fail by, adjust the study plan and continue untill i am happy :)

Also gore, it should be next thursday that the dates for London 2014 mobile lab become available.
    Ah good!

I'm heading for Brussels instead now though...
    TRAITOR!

Just incase you feel like saving money on flights etc :)
    Well, the interesting thing here is - my wife says we have air miles from our mortgage, so apparently we could both get flights for £70... :D

Mobile lab in London is £200 more expensive!!
    lol! nice, didnt know that!