Lurker, Testing Today

GravitasGravitas Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks for all the info. I'm off to take my exam today. Nervous as hell, but I feel ready! icon_study.gif

Comments

• yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wish u very best of luck. Can you tell little about yourself.
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,927 Mod
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Good Luck !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    Good luck, you got this!
    IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
    WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
    (Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
    Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
    Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1
  • GravitasGravitas Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nailed it! CISSP in under 2 hours icon_cheers.gif

I'm a Network Security Engineer in Las Vegas. Former Marine Infantryman, in IT for 3 years now, so I'm an Associate until next summer unless Sergeant of the guard and Duty NCO counts as physical security?

I used the ISC2 book (read 1/2), Shon Harris book (read 3/4), Shon Harris Audio training (was great, constant loop on my bluetooth headphones while at work, in the gym, etc...), and a paid CCCURE account (Best resource. After taking the exam I can say these are the closest to the real questions without violating the ethics policy. The reference material for each question was my favorite way to study.) I took a week long training course with my local ISSA chapter, which was amazing for $50 (Cant stress how great of a resources and networking opportunity this group has been), and I have an AAS in IT Networking and BS in Information Systems Security Valedictorian from ITT Tech.

Start my MBA at AMU on Monday :D

Even though I just signed up I want to say thanks to everyone who contributes to the pool of information on this forum. It's helped me plan out my Certification and Educational path since I entered into the IT field.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,927 Mod
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

My buddy from the Air Force is in the same boat as you. He is looking to test on CISSP but his duties in the Air Force weren't exactly IT. He was a gate guard (nee cop) but did do things like perimeter security, ID checks, surveillance camera monitoring, controlling and responding to silent alarms, etc. To me that sounds pretty close to the physical security domain.

I've come across a few security managers who did things like building, storage, document, and personnel security who were CISSP certified.

Who knows, I would double check into whether or not your previous duties may count towards experience if you want to skip the time until next summer.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • shilpadshilpad Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations for your super fast success as you passed in 2 hours. It is like 30 seconds to answer each question. You got to share some more tips.
  • GravitasGravitas Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not sure how to share that, I've always been a fast test taker. I read the question and choose the best answer then click next. I never hit back or review, and I don't take breaks. I feel like if Im not sure then the solution I intuitively select is most likely to be correct.

This is probably bad advice for the majority of people.

Good breakfast, a dose of caffeine right before, and hitting the restroom first also help.

@jvrlopez: I sent a message to support asking about my time or whether passing would at least qualify me for the sscp until then. Thanks!