Options

CCENT Booked

spongeymspongeym Member Posts: 35 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I'm finally pulling my finger out and have booked my CCENT exam in for 21st Sept. Was going to go for a full CCNA, but don't think I'm by any means ready for that as yet. What I plan to do is get this under my belt (fingers crossed) then look at doing a one of the Microsoft 2012 exams. Hopefully this will lead to a better contract outside of Desktop Support with more Infrastructure and I can then do the new ICND 2 once I've gained a bit of on the job experience.

Any CCENT tips other than memorise subnetting?! Obviously without going too indepth into exactly what is going to crop up any thing that you wished you'd studied harder on but didnt?

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Some things I would really hit on:

Powers of 2, some basic ios commands (enable, conf t, int, show run, etc...), how to assign the enable, secret, console, and vty passwords, the sequence of booting up a router/switch, what is stored in NVRAM vs FLASH, and when to use types of cabling (crossover, straight-through, rollover).
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    robp12robp12 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have mine scheduled for September 10th, getting ready for final preparations! It's my first IT certification exam so I'm a little bit nervous but feel fairly ready to go. I have everything above down pat, so I really just need to hit WAN understandings, IPv6 and subnetting until I know them in my sleep.

Good luck to you!
    Currently Studying:
    Northwestern University - Masters of Science, Information Systems GPA 4.0
    CCNA certification

Completed: Elon University - BSBA, Marketing May 2012