Passed CCNP Switch

it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
Not bad for someone who primarily uses Brocade and HP networking gear. I didn't wreck the exam like some people but a pass is a pass. I still can make stupid mistakes during certification exams. I configure one lab switch, then meant to move over the other one to configure that one, halfway through I realized I had not actually moved to the other console window and I had just overwritten everything I had done up until that point. Fortunately I was comfortable enough with the other parts of the exam that I could slow down and take the time to repair the errors I made.

On to CCNP Route which I should be prepared to do by the middle of October. I don't know what to expect but I should have a little better knowledge base going into Route than I did Switch. When I did the CNP 300 (Brocade BCNP) training it was primarily focused on BGP, OSPF, VRRP etc. so besides EIGRP I have a good handle of the stuff straight away.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Pseudo_nodePseudo_node Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Good Luck on CCNP Route!
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yikes that's unfortunate about the config scenario. Glad it worked out for you and you got a pass! Good luck with route!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi