Failed ICND1 : (

binaryhatbinaryhat Member Posts: 129
I scored a 762, needed 804 to pass. Took the 640-822 exam. It was mentally tough.

I used Boson's ICND1 practice exam and it was not as hard as the real exam. Should I use other sources? Like?

Perhaps I got a harder version of the exam?

I did find the exam fun but challenging. Planning on taking it again in 2 weeks.
Currently working on:
ICND1 - TBD
Book: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide
Equipment: Packet Tracer, GNS3
Supplement Material: Youtube, Google, Boson ExamSim-Max, CBTNuggets

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What areas did you have trouble with?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sorry to hear it. What have you been using to study? If you don't know the material practice exams are not what is going to help you learn it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • binaryhatbinaryhat Member Posts: 129
    What areas did you have trouble with?

Well what the heck, here's the full break down:

1. Describe the operation of data networks - 71%
    2. Implement a small switched network - 71%
    3. Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements for a small branch office - 67%
    4. Implement a small routed network - 57%
    5. Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN - 50%
    6. Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats - 100%
    7. Implement and verify WAN links - 60%
    I was surprised I bombed on WLAN but there weren't many ?'s on it. The sim's and scenarios were hard. Boson's exam is weak compared to Cisco's.
    Currently working on:
    ICND1 - TBD
    Sorry to hear it. What have you been using to study? If you don't know the material practice exams are not what is going to help you learn it.

Lammle's book, Youtube videos, CBT, this forum and google.
    Currently working on:
    ICND1 - TBD
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Looks like Routing and Subnetting were your weak areas. You may want to hit those heavily. I'm surprised you considered the SIMS harder than Boson. I felt the exact opposite.

Have you tried subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online
    Yes I have it bookmarked....Perhaps my Cisco exam was harder than others? I got unlucky?
    Currently working on:
    ICND1 - TBD
  • snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just keep focusing on your weak areas and you will pass the test on your next attempt. It took me a few try's to pass the ICND1 and a few for the second test as well.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    binaryhat wrote: »
    Perhaps my Cisco exam was harder than others? I got unlucky?

That is the problem with perceptions. What is easy to one man is hard to another. Just focus on learning all of the material and you will pass.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the CCENT twice, scored an 802 the first time and an 837 the second time. One thing I discovered the more you practice the Cisco the better you will become. What practice test come with Todd Lamle?? I use the Odom books.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • bdepak.003bdepak.003 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear. I would suggest you,

1. Watch CBT Nuggets (jeremy cioara) videos, its 100% worth watching those, he covers each and every concept what you want.
    2. Study Todd Lamle book and do practise test 'n' number of times (you can find in the beginning of every chapters).
    3. Practise exam questions at the end of preparations or just before 1 day you take exam (go through **** or search in google) - This is to test your ability, how much you know - don't stick only to this.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    What other practice exams are up to par to Cisco's exam? Boson exam is not hard enough for me.
    Currently working on:
    ICND1 - TBD