(ISC)2 reschedule/cancel exam fees new or not?

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
I just had a look at the pricing sheet for (ISC)2 exams and notice that, as of 06/01/13, there is now a USD$50 charge to reschedule an (ISC)2 exam and a USD$100 charge to cancel an (ISC)2 exam. Were there change/cancel fees before or is this something new? If these fees are new I'm guessing that the (ISC)2 has been having problem with people rescheduling and cancelling online exams, so they implemented some administrative deterrent controls. icon_lol.gif

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey JD,

Not sure about the cancel charge, but I can confirm that the reschedule fee has been there at least since early 2012. I had to reschedule my SSCP exam and I was indeed charged of course ;)
  • ivx502ivx502 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Before the charges was only $20. I had to cancel twice I am glad I am finished with ISC2. Taken from an old email from my last Reschedule:

Reschedule Policy
    If you wish to reschedule your exam, you must contact Pearson VUE at least 24 hours prior to your exam appointment. Rescheduling an exam less than 24 hours is subject to a same-day forfeit exam fee. Exam fees are also forfeited for no-shows.
    Please note that Pearson VUE charges a $20 fee for reschedules.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @JD - I believe that ISC2 actually reduced their reschedule fees now that they are offering CBT exams. Before the CBT exams, I believe it was higher.

This is from the original registration email that I got.

All cancellation or rescheduling requests received in writing with 22 days notice or more will incur a USD100 / EUR100 / GBP70 cancellation fee or rescheduling fee. Written cancellation or rescheduling requests received five calendar days or more prior to the exam will be given credit toward attendance at a subsequent program only (no refund) and will incur an additional USD100 / EUR100 / GBP70 rescheduling fee.

Rescheduling or canceling both a review seminar and an exam will incur two USD100 / EUR100 / GBP70 fees for a total of USD200 / EUR200 / GBP140