S.Rao Vallabhaneni CISSP Practice

netstatnetstat Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Has any one used this book (S.Rao Vallabhaneni CISSP Practice) to study for your CISSP? I am running through it and working some questions and i have to admit the questions are really tough. Seriously, this book makes me want to give up!

At present, i have the AIO (which i am still reading), Conrod (read), Harris (got bored half way and switched to conrad) book questions seem trivial when compared to this book. Averaging 70+ with CCCure too but this book is simply killing me.

Comments

• larahy2klarahy2k Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That sounds about right for the CISSP exam - I'm looking for the hardest CISSP questions out there. I
    failed the exam with 645 so anything that will challenge me at this stage will probably be the best.
    Are they scenario based questions?
  • netstatnetstat Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am not seeing many (if any!) scenario based questions but that doesn't mean the one liner questions aren't difficult. :) I had a looked at this book for the first time today and i can say that there are questions which i haven't covered in either of the study books i used. Some questions made my brain hurt!
  • larahy2klarahy2k Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    netstat wrote: »
    I am not seeing many (if any!) scenario based questions but that doesn't mean the one liner questions aren't difficult. :) I had a looked at this book for the first time today and i can say that there are questions which i haven't covered in either of the study books i used. Some questions made my brain hurt!

I must have a look at the book. Well maybe it's good practice for the CISSP exam, it will make your brain hurt ;)
  • AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    The questions included in the Shon Harris book are some of the best out there IMHO. They represented what was on the test accurately.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Found myself bored with Shon's book in general but obviously works for others. Highly recommend Rao's book as it will make you think in the test parameters. These are the hardest questions your likely to see so I find them to be a good comparison. On the con side Rao just writes books on a number of obtuse subjects and should not be considered to be an expert on the CISSP.

- beads
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just had a look at this book..:D If the CISSP is like the questions in it then the test would be impossible to pass. I had a look at 6 questions and got a migraine instantly!
  • MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would submit that in my opinion the questions in this book are a bit outdated.
    Nevertheless for start it is ok.