failed with 550 points

needhelpneedhelp Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
How long am far for passing this exam? I have studied hard for 4 months with all in one s.harris and questions +-90% each time, cccure questions +-70% . Very disappointed. Don't know if i continue or stop ...

Comments

• broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    550 is pretty far off unfortuantely. I would focus more on the content rather than practice tests. Eric Conrad has a great study guide you can use. It helped me out alot.
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Don't give up; don't let ISC2 win!
  • needhelpneedhelp Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know also that i have lose points on some questions as english is not my main language. But anyway, i was suprised with my result as i have work hard. I just seen that there is CISSP Scenario Based Questions Combo Part 1 and Part 2. ​Do you think i can help me more?
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    I hope am not gonna rattle any feathers with this icon_rolleyes.gif but do yourself a favour and get over the whole “English is not my first language”, it’s not gonna do you any good, especially with the CISSP exam. I know that some of the questions are worded skewed, but even people who have English as their first language fail the exam too. Might be worth taking the exam in your native language if it is offered.

In my opinion, the AIO guide by Shon Harris ain’t as bad as people make it out to be, just depends on the individual and your reading style. It might be time to put it away or use it as your secondary resource and have a look at other resources as your primary, e.g. Eric Conrad’s Study Guide and the ISC2 Official Guide, they might just be in tune with your study style. Don’t stop the practise questions, but try to understand better why the answer you have chosen is correct, equally why the wrong ones are wrong. You might discover that you are able pick out the correct answer because you keep seeing the questions again and again but do not quite understand the reason why they are correct or wrong, hope am making sense there.

What were your weakest domains?

Most importantly do not give up, you have to go hard. If you went in hard the first time, go in harder, it is a huge exam. Have a read of the following post, I hope that it will motivate you. All the best ...
  • Althmash7Althmash7 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dear ,

Don't lose hope 550 is ggod score even i scored 596 n first attempt still going strong for 2nd attempt study litte bit more than last time and be confident while giving exam u will crack it.

I am doing the same going to give 2nd attempt shortly.
  • Joel GoldsteinJoel Goldstein Banned Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    needhelp wrote: »
    I know also that i have lose points on some questions as english is not my main language. But anyway, i was suprised with my result as i have work hard. I just seen that there is CISSP Scenario Based Questions Combo Part 1 and Part 2. ​Do you think i can help me more?

The CISSP exam is offered in many languages. For example, the German-language CISSP exam is presented in both German and English. Did you register for only the English-language CISSP exam?
    Thanks Althmash7!!

@
    Joel Goldstein .. yes i know that there are other languages but i have read the books and the questions in english. Am not bad in this language but it just some words that i don't have in my vocabulary.

Someone has tried the
    CISSP Scenario Based Questions? if it is good or not?
    hello

Someone can tell me if i take the exam exemple in French .. if i will have a screen split in two parts with one in french and other in english?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Are you talking about a practice test or the actual exam?
  • vunivuni Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Moyondizvo,thanks for your post.i am currently using the Shon Harris book and i have the Conrad book also but still to open it up.i plan on taking the exam beginning november so at the moment i am just going through the book domain by domain.thanks a lot for the infor (maitabasa).
  • sweetsaintsweetsaint Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can't give up. I faild with 650 icon_sad.gif . wasted some time and i am back on track again. I have to pass this and you can also.
  • Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Persistence is the key, NOT everyone pass the first time around, one guy on here failed 4 times and finally got it, he was truly motivated and kept going. Study hard, you have already seen the exam so you have first hand knowledge of the questions just buckle down and in 30 days take it again (Dont let to much time pass). GOOD LUCK TO YOU..
  • jim2kjim2k Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don,t give up. I just passed on my 2 nd try. What I did was look at what areas I failed. Then I thought about how I studied . And came to realize that the areas I thought I was strong and did not study hard in we're the domains I did bad in. The other thing is I'm a more hands on security engineer and I would think technically and answered the way I have thing setup. Instead from a managers stand point. But stay with it. It feels great to pass