I passed!!!

RavenclawRavenclaw Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Everyone,

I got the CCENT 640-822 done before they changed!!!!! I got a 875 not a stellar showing but I'll take it... I am trying to make
myself as diversified as possible on a resume to get an entry level tech position.

Should I go for the CCNA or Active directory 2008 server?? I want to end up in networking but from what I hear you have to pay your dues in helpdesk to get started... Currently I just have MCP (Win 7) and CCENT

Any opinions...

Comments

• ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well done, congrats.
  • EvraeEvrae Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ravenclaw wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I got the CCENT 640-822 done before they changed!!!!! I got a 875 not a stellar showing but I'll take it... I am trying to make
    myself as diversified as possible on a resume to get an entry level tech position.

Should I go for the CCNA or Active directory 2008 server?? I want to end up in networking but from what I hear you have to pay your dues in helpdesk to get started... Currently I just have MCP (Win 7) and CCENT

Any opinions...

Congratulations icon_cheers.gif

I would recommend knocking out the ICND2 while cisco is still fresh in your memory.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on pass!!! hoping to achieve the same thing pretty soon

Any opinions...
    That's true, so you should definitely go for CCNA since you were going for that route.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good stuff!
  • DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! If networking is what you want to do, stick with the CCNA. Even if you do move into a helpdesk role, keep the Cisco/networking knowledge fresh in your mind so that you can look for bigger and better opportunities in the future.
  • Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! My .02, get fully CCNA certified first, then find the job. Even if some places do plant you in a help desk role, i would think it would be to get familiarized with the systems before putting you into a position to administer them.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but i can see the logic in that business practice.

Anyways, best of luck regardless of your path
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • RavenclawRavenclaw Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OK great!!!!! Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it :)
  • universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    knock out the ccna right now while still fresh in your memory, then if i were you i would go for ccda or ccna security... then you could get familiarized with AD for 2012 or 2008r2, but if you are going down the networking path you can get enough on the job training for AD (and reading some good white papers on here and the web) to familiarize your self with all you would need in 2008r2 AD
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    875 nice!!! move on to ICND2...
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Hey Everyone,

Any opinions...

What do you want to do? Decide then start taking the steps necessary to get there.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man! My $.02, if you want to be in networking, get networking certs. There's absolutely nothing wrong with MS certs, but the bottom line is if you know now you want to be in networking, focus your energy there. Just my $.02.
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go CCNA, you're almost there. If you're not already in the networking field, the CCNA can really help.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
    Ok great. I think I will go for the CCNA is there time to try to sit for the old ICND2 or should I wait for the new one, I know there will be a gap of info
    to cover?
  • PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    I'm taking my CCENT next week. Wish me luck. Congratz on your pass! I have plenty of MS certs. They are nothing compared to networking certs. MS is easy once understood. MS is how to get into the business and as everyone says get the ICND2 and move onto bigger and things. Good Luck!
    Good luck!! let us know how it goes
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!

I would finish it off and pick up the CCNA while knowledge is fresh in your head. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63