Options

help with setting up vpn

Here's my setup:

one box (virtual machine) with two nics setup with routing and remote access. one box set to connect to the vpn the first box is hosting. the client can connect to the vpn ok, and can browse resources on the same network but can't get to the internet. both boxes are behind a linksys router and the vpn host box can get out to the internet. i have routing turned on, and can't find anything in the box that helps.

any ideas would be appreciated.

thx
Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is the virtual VPN server running Server 2003? What options did you select in RRAS setup wizard? Double check your ip configuration on both boxes (especially the Gateway address) and DHCP. Is the RRAS performing NAT?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    thanks for the help, has something to do with having two nics. i have two nics configured on the virtual box and things work fine when i disabled one nic.

i first removed the gateway for one nic (didn't work)
    then disabled that nic (working)

working on it now, i'll report back on what the problem was.

thx
  • Options
    12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    I had to point to the 1st nic manually in routing and remote access console. thanks.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah things can be tricky with RRAS. Not sure if the VM had anything to do with it, but I've heard it can complicate things.
    All things are possible, only believe.