Options

Blog/Webiste

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I’m currently studying Certified Ethical Hacker and I wanted to try and do something different to aid my study. I would like to create a free website or blog that will allow me to upload videos. I plan to write about what I have learned and also create videos to explain concepts that I have learned.

Can anyone recommend any good free blog sites or websites so I can create either a website or blog. I have seen Google do one and word press. Can anyone recommend any others that are good for IT professionals?

Comments

• Options
    dbrinkdbrink Member Posts: 180
    I use Google's Blogspot.com and if you want to do videos then the easiest thing would be to upload them to Youtube and link them into your blog.
    Currently Reading: Learn Python The Hard Way
    http://defendyoursystems.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    I use blogspot. I haven't tried uploading any videos though. I have two blogs, one, work I did with Solaris 10, and the 2nd one is work on Linux From Scratch:

brownwrap.blogspot.com

brownwraps-linuxfromscratch.blogspot.com/

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use word press, really need to get updating it again :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wordpress.com is great for free for blogs/websites.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I’m currently studying Certified Ethical Hacker and I wanted to try and do something different to aid my study. I would like to create a free website or blog that will allow me to upload videos. I plan to write about what I have learned and also create videos to explain concepts that I have learned.
    cjthedj45,

I have a wordpress blogsite for the CEH v7 here http://cehv7guide.wordpress.com. Feel free to use it and/or copy and paste whatever you need from it. I made it to study from it and help anyone who needs it.

Good luck,

Breadfan
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
  • Options
    Breadfan wrote: »
    cjthedj45,

I have a wordpress blogsite for the CEH v7 here http://cehv7guide.wordpress.com. Feel free to use it and/or copy and paste whatever you need from it. I made it to study from it and help anyone who needs it.

Good luck,

Cheers Breadfan thanks for the advice. I may use wordpress your site looks pretty cool and I may nick a few ideas as you kindly offered :)
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I use wordpress, you can link videos from youtube, or pay for the wordpress ugpgrade (which I did after a year and half of blogging)
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    WeldinitWeldinit Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I use blogspot but the videos I put on youtube and link them into the blog. To me the videos look better that way.