Options

Advice

cshirercshirer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well im in the process of looking to move on to another job right now i have knowledge in the area of networking below is a list of my experience

Operating Systems
1.Novell Netware 4.11, 6.5
2. Windows 95,98,200,xp and 2003 server
3. Linux distros (Slackware, Redhat, Suse,Mandrake and Ubuntu)
4. Unix distros Freebsd, Openbsd

Services/Products

1. Novell Groupwise 5.5 and 6.5
2. Linux Sendmail version 8.12
3. Active Directory 2003 currently migrating to MS Exchange 2003
4. Novell Edirectory and LDAP version 8.7.7 , Novell NDS

and Im Currently working on a pure unix network im building it from the ground up as far as certifications i only have network+ and im working on MCP (70-294) Please to can use all the advice i can get about moving on to the next job i will have 2 yrs at this job in August

Comments

• Options
    gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    Hmm, what is the other job?
    What kind of advice do you need?
    Are you just looking for another job and you want to improve your qualifications before looking for another job?

Sorry, but I don't get it.

Also, what is: "3. Active Directory 2003 currently migrating to MS Exchange 2003"??? You know they are two different things, don't you? As a matter of fact, Exchange 2k3 works with AD. However, you can't replace AD with Exchange.
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)
  • Options
    Im sorry about that well im just looking for a better paying job in General
    weather dealing with linux or Microsoft, and i meant to say that ive done a migration from Groupwise 6.5 to Exchange 2003 sorry about that type with 3.
  • Options
    I think if you could throw some networking skills in there, you could get a nice job. Otherwise I can't see you getting anything besides Desktop support. However with some networking skills, you could get a nice Net Administrator, System administrator or even a *nix System Administrator.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    IOtherwise I can't see you getting anything besides Desktop support.

With the Netware, GroupWise, Exchange, *nix experience he has listed, he is way over qualified for Desktop support.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cshirer wrote:
    Please to can use all the advice i can get about moving on to the next job i will have 2 yrs at this job in August

Is this your first job or did you have an IT related job before this one? What is your education background?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Sorry, I meant one of those Tech Support Jobs... not specifically Desktop Support.
    Since he doesn't have any networking skills, then I can't really think of something else.
  • Options
    I do have networking skills i got my network + certification, and this is not my first IT job, I was a PC tech at my first job, and now that this job im a system administrator mainly in charge of Groupwise email. but i handle all of the windows 2k3 servers and some linux servers (redhat and suse). so i do have some networking skills. On the side im building a pure linux network for this company trying to add more to the resume im currently working on the firewall (Openbsd 3.icon_cool.gif its a small startup company and i volunteered to build thier network for them in exchange for experience.
  • Options
    Also to add to the Reply i have my BA in Computer Information Systems